Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 12:11 PM

Been accepted for Volunteering at a Deer Park & signed up for distance learning

I shouldn't have days off!!!!

A few of you know I am not really happy at the job I have, but very grateful to have a job and am happy (ish) to stick it till I get something I actually want to do , something I will enjoy - I guess that is everyone's dream ideal though isn't it.

Anyway yesterday I fired off some emails to various places asking if they wanted any volunteers and if they would consider me. So I got a reply and I start on 25th October I am to come along for a day to have a chat with the rangers and see what would be expected and also whether it is what I am looking for. They have Deer, Otters and Wolves. I have also taken the plunge and am doing a short course (6 - 10 ,months) with the view to looking at going back to full time education.

The course is Wolf Studies as it is something that interests me from my own non career point of view, but if in an ideal world it started me on the path to possibly increasing qualifications with a view to getting involved in conservation work that would be my dream (not sure how realistic but hey ho got to have a dream )

The course is with Compass education and I have just signed up and paid my 1st instalment and my registration fee
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Ohh that all sounds very intresting, wish you the best of luck.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 01:54 PM
That sounds really exciting, have been looking at Compass courses too(no wildlife parks near here though ), good luck with it all, please let us know how you get on
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 03:08 PM
That sounds like a really productive day off! Well done - I hope it all goes well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-10-2010, 04:20 PM
It sounds great wishing you luck with it.
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Yay! So glad you've taken the plunge! Good luck! I'm sure the course will be great and you'll meet some great people volunteering - it's all about who you know in the animal conservation industry! Contacts, contacts, contacts!!

Sarah xox
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Well done you and good luck.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Well done, I think you will love it.

Someone has got to work in conservation..........why shouldn't it be you...go for it
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Aw thanks everyone

I was sort of thinking it was all a pipe dream but maybe with hard work and determination it is achievable. And even if its not if I can do my bit to help along the way that has to be good thing

Thanks guys
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 07:32 PM
That sounds great Lynne

It will be hard work - working, volunteering and studying, but if its as interesting as it sounds, the hard work will be enjoyable and so worth it
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >