Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2020, 04:27 AM

Daily Thread Thursday 9th July

Good morning everyone

Stamp duty Brenda is a tax levied on those buying a house and is paid at different rates according to the value of the house. Until yesterday I think the threshold for not paying any was £125,000, not many house valued at that or under around!

Strawberries have virtually finished with only one or two now on the plants Harvey. Raspberries this year have not done well

Up early again but this time he is going to work. Nothing planned so will see what the day throws at me. I might be able to mow the lawn this afternoon.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2020, 05:01 AM
Morning Sue. Thanks for clarifying. So I probably wouldn't have paid any then if buying as the sale price of this house is being split. Looks like more rain here so that means no weeding/clearing again for me. Not to worry it will still be there tomorrow. my raspberries haven't been any good either. Have a good day and all to come.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2020, 05:50 AM
Good morning Sue and Brenda and those to follow, have a good day, stay safe and well, and your doggies too. God Bless.

Ceasing the stamp duty could make a lot of difference to the market.

Griff, hoping your mum is continuing to improve. Lynn, hope Dillon is better although at our dogs ages it is something to a degree we have to accept. Amber, sleeps most of the day away.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2020, 07:15 AM
Well you won't believe this I have done the weeding that was left over from yesterday and really pleased how easy it was. Having a rest now while I eat breakfast and then I will finish off the front garden. It will only take 5 minutes and will make use of the space in the garden sack.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-07-2020, 07:20 AM
Morning Sue, brenda, Moyra and all to follow.
Wet here again today but it has stopped drizzling.
Dillon holding his own thanks Moyra, like you say at their ages they are bound to slow down and sleep more.
I found a large breed age calculator typed his breed in and age and it is equating to 77 years 3 months human equivalent.

brenda regards the stamp duty even if splitting the sale of house it is the property that holds the tax, but it will be your buyer paying the stamp duty on your property if it comes within the bracket. If you are going to be renting it will not apply to you.
Basically whatever property you buy if it is in the stamp duty bracket you pay the cost of the stamp duty. As Sue said it use to be anything over £125,000 but seems that has now been scrapped and the threshold is higher.
I cannot remember the percentage but we had to pay a percentage on the agreed price on the bungalow and Holly and Dale had to pay a percentage on the house we owned in Upwell.
It goes into the governments coffers. It's basically another tax.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-07-2020, 09:35 AM
I agree with Lynn, it's your buyer who would pay the tax.

As it now starts at £500K they will likely have nothing to pay (Unless your selling above that figure)

If you are going to be renting stamp duty does not apply so you don't need to worry about that.

Still pretty wet and miserable here

Bye for now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-07-2020, 09:47 AM
Lynn - "we had to pay a percentage on the agreed price on the bungalow and Holly and Dale had to pay a percentage on the house we owned in Upwell."

When we bought this place the lady selling had some furniture and a fridge and two freezers which we wanted and which she was willing to include in the house sale, I offered her £100K for them (To come of the house price ) but my solicitor jumped on that PDQ she said "You can't do that" so I ended up buying them at 'market value' and saved about £10 in stamp duty grrrrrrrrrrr
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2020, 10:39 PM
Lol Harvey... good try though!
Stressful evening... neighbours again, obviously got the solicitors letter... apparently we are effin dirty tramps and scumbags are us! All because we won't allow them to abuse us and our property.