Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluebell
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2008, 12:49 PM

Biting at ankles/clothes

This is not a new thing, its becoming very old and very painful.

In general my dog doesn't do it, she does it when she gets excited but it doesn't take much for her to get into that state.

If she see's me even getting dressed she is hanging off my trousers or ankles. If i am going to leave the house, she's doing the same and just now, i was upstairs, she was with me. I went down, she followed. When she got into the kitchen it was like she'd not seen me in a week and she started jumping up and biting at my clothes. When i walked away, she was at the ankles - again!

I was watching "The dog whisperer" last night and it had a maltese on it with the same problem (along with others) but although it was raised as an issue, he didn't really address it.

Any ideas?

My dog is in good health.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 01:06 PM
How old is she
bluebell
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-11-2008, 01:08 PM
She was one last week.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, I may be wrong but I would be deciding that from to day on it was not going to happen. If you can, the moment she starts pick her up and put her out or in her cage and never let it happen again.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Mav does this, hes playing, i have encoraged it tbh, i think its sweet!!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2008, 02:24 PM
Have you tried spraying her with water when she bites you? Also, have you tried the age-old method of stopping puppy biting, by shrieking "ow", and then turning your back on her? If you have tried the "ow" and ignore method, then I would try spraying her with a water pistol! At a year old, those teeth are going to hurt!