Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:18 AM

Annoying for me. Amusing to passers By

Milo has a habit, if he wants to take a certain route on our walk and i say no we are going the other way, of throwing himself down on the floor like a naughty child having a tantrum.
He doesn't just lay down he literally throws himself with force down onto is side rolls onto his back and then back to his side again where he stays.
I can't drag him as his harness will come off, so end up picking him up and carrying him till he accepts it and walks my way. Passers by find this highly amusing , while I am .
Today we ended up with a huge audience as we tried to cross abusy roundabout and half way across Milo decides he wants to go the other way and down he goes. I growl at him to get up but there he lays with traffic stopping and laughing at us.
I grabbed him up and slung him under my arm till we reached the pavement to carry on, but waiting were a little group of gathered people who all wanted to make a fuss of the dear little chap who has "such a character".
I'll give him character. He lapped up the fuss and kept looking up at me with I'm sure a smirk on his face.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Shouldn'tl augh but it does conjure up a wonderful picture. Pity I don't live closer to you as I'd love to add to the audience. Good job you can pick him up & carry him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Ha ha Ollie does this but unfortunately I am not able to lift Ollie. Thankfully he doesn't done this anywhere dangerous as yet. I try treats grabbing his harness but of he doesn't want to move thats it we are there till he decides to get up, oh tried ignoring him as well.
Yesterday I tried a small water pistol and shoot the water on his paws he hates this it did work yesterday afternoon, but last night he laid there and rolled on his back and let me squirt his tummy
So think I will have to re-think. He did respond to roast beef and stand so we are now working on this. If you find the magic solution and fancy sharing I would be very grateful.
We also gather an audience.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I shouldnt laugh but I cant help it.
I remember once before I owned dogs calling to a mates and just outside his house there was a man walking a golden retriever who decided he would just lie down, I was inside about 15minutes when I came out he had only moved about 15yrds. I often wonder to this day how long it took him to get home.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 11:36 AM
sorry but I had a giggle too!, we had a lab at the training club that did this,, its so hard to keep a straight face aint it?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I shouldnt laugh but I cant help it.
I remember once before I owned dogs calling to a mates and just outside his house there was a man walking a golden retriever who decided he would just lie down, I was inside about 15minutes when I came out he had only moved about 15yrds. I often wonder to this day how long it took him to get home.
If he was anything like Ollie when he gets his stubborn head on all day probably.
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Lol the passers by must have found this really funny, Im sure he loved the attention
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 08:27 PM
the little tinker

huge character though
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Oh bless him, i'd be one in the audience laughing and probably also sighing with relief that none of mine do it! Dusty used to do something similar as a pup and she does still throw a tantrum if the weather is not to her liking, she will just park her ass and refuse to budge but never just out of the blue and rolling about like a toddler!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 09:18 PM

My sister says her Westie does that............so funny