Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 10:55 PM

Disgusting and cruel.

Dog dies inside car at Royal Show
A dog died in a car and three more were rescued from a van left in the heat at the Royal Show in Warwickshire.
RSPCA inspectors and police broke into the BMW car to try and remove the whippet but it had already died. The temperature inside the car was 47C .

The terrier dogs were removed from a van at the showground. RSPCA inspector Lee Hopgood said the incidents were being investigated.

"We cannot understand why we are still finding dogs in cars," he said.

'Irresponsible and illegal'

He said: "We are all devastated that a dog has lost its life because it was left in the sweltering heat of a car.

"It is irresponsible and illegal to leave a dog in a hot car."

People should not take their dogs with them when they attend summer shows, he added.

"Yesterday, we issued numerous verbal warnings to dog owners and my inspectors, who are patrolling the five car parks, cannot understand why we are constantly finding dogs left in cars."
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 11:10 PM
This is so sad

I wish I could say it could be put down to ignorance but there's too much public warning for it be ignorance, it's just people who think 'it won't happen to my dog' and don't worry because it won't be them waiting in the sweltering car
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-07-2006, 11:24 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that people still continue to leave dogs in cars on hot days. We very rarely take the dogs out in the car even on short journeys in weather like yesterday and would never leave them in there.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2006, 11:25 PM
That's awful, poor dogs How can anyone even consider leaving their dog in a car in this heat
What a horrible way to die
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:05 AM
Answers my question a few days ago then, so it is illegal. It really is a horrible way to die.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 06:40 AM
like to put them in a hot car with no water.....
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-07-2006, 06:45 AM
So sad this is still happening,and I expect it will be next year and next year.............Why are some people so stupid.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Disgraceful.

Hollie doesn't go in the car in this heat, it's just not fair on her, and surely it's common sense???????
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Such a needless waste of life, and what a horrible way to go, it makes you want to cry for the poor whippet! I hate having Loki in the car with me in his crate with a sheet over for shade a bowl of water and a fan on a hot day (he comes to work with me so cant just not have him in the car when its hot)I just couldnt imagine how anyone could leave a dog in the car with no shade or even water on such a hot day and not give it a second thought!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-07-2006, 08:07 AM
That's disgusting
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >