Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Thank heaven little Dyno survived !
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I hope the poor puppy survives long enough to find a more responsible owner.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 02:20 PM
i saw a video about that. its terrible a 4 year old managed to get the puppy and flush it down the toilet in the first place. amazing the puppy survived after 4 hours in a sewage pipe. poor wee pup

lauren
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I didn't want to read this until I saw the story on the news.

The News treated it like a heart warming tale instead of a lesson in parents being more responsible with children and pets.

Well done to everyone who helped in the rescue.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 03:38 PM
I noticed that too Lionhound.

I hope it taught the parents a very serious lesson. It's all very well saying the little boy said he was truly sorry and would never do it again - but he's 4... and 4 year olds do stupid things. The parents were at fault.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 05:43 PM
This is on Granada reports in about 3 mins if anyone wants to see it. its on the evening news too!!!!

xx
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2009, 05:57 PM
I was just about to post this as I've just seen it on the news. I can't believe that it was on the news a 'light hearted' cheery story?!!! I mean wtf? What on earth was a young allowed unsupervised access to the puppy in the first place? And the mother has the bare faced gaul (sp?) to appear on tv jovially (sp) telling her part of the story?? She aught to be blinking ashamed of herself the stupid woman. There is no wonder kids get bitten by dogs......
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 06:08 PM
It was in tonights paper with a pic of the silly woman smiling like she`d done something clever. If a child of mine had mistreated any animal I`d be mortified.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Its the parents fault - they should have been supervising the child/pups. I doubt a 4 year old child would have knowingly mistreated the pup. Glad the pup was ok.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Hi,

Another concern (as well as those already posted) is this.....

It states the 4 yo wanted to wash the pup after it got dirty outside. Where has he learned that putting something down the toilet gets it clean?

I know 4 year olds do silly things - I have one after all. But he has NEVER been alone qwith the dogs. EVER! And will he ever be alone with them before he's about 15 at the earliest.

The pups and aany other animals should certainy have been removed (by forde if necessary) from the family home and the mother should be made to attend parenting classes.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else - far from it. But it's basic common sense. And when over the pat couple of years children have died from being attacked by dogs, it's disgraceful that these 2 boys firstly had the opportunity to do what they did (and it must have taken a fair amount of time to get to that stage) and secondly, that they were put at risk by being allowed or having access to an adult bitch who's natural instinct would be to protect her pups.

Laura xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >