View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mizraab
New Member!

20-03-2005, 06:03 PM

Need Information

i have a friend who got Presa Canario . what happened yesterday he was walking with his dog and the fella who lives in his Sub-Division was outside .
as soon he saw my friend dog he came closer and my friend wanted to tell that dude to stay away but when my friend looked his dog he wasnt acting any mean ( aggressive ) towards this guy . so what happened next .. my friend was talking to him and all of the sudden his Presa Canario jumped on that guy and thanx to God my friend was able to control his dog .. so the guy who got attacked had very little scratch on his last finger and it was bleeding little bit .. and he asked the guy and he said and he is perfectly fine and the guy said he used to trained Neopoliton Mastiff and he's been bitten by NEO's alot . According to him he said that dog didnt attacked him , it was an accident . my friend was very scared when he came to me ..he was upset
and he was asking me if that guy can put his dog to sleep , if he want to . i told him i dont know ..so i want to ask you guyz who knows about the Law ..

plz reply as soon as possible ..

Thanx
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 06:10 PM
i think in that case the dog would have to be proven to be dangerous. That is if the guy makes a complaint.

I wouldnt worry about it, unless the guy has said hes going to complain, he doesnt exactly have an injury that would warrant a complaint, Is the dog usually human aggressive
Mizraab
New Member!

20-03-2005, 06:21 PM
well Presa Canario were once used as fighting Dog in Canary Island . They are also known as one of the best guard dogs . so they do have dog and human aggression in them . early socializing is a must for Presa Canarios .

so even if that guy complain about the dog . what you think the worst thing can happen ????
Doglistener
Dogsey Senior

20-03-2005, 07:55 PM
What country are we talking about?

Because the law is very different in each one, from your comments like dude sub-division I would say perhaps America if that is the case I know nothing whatsoever about the law there, It is probably different for every state isn't it?

Stan
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Hi Mizraab welcome to Dogweb, it's great to have you with us from so far away That must have been a very frightening experience for all concerned and a big relief no one was hurt. It sounds as if your friends dog may have been attempting to guard his master, I'm sorry I do not know about your laws in Pakistan but if the man seemed amiable about the whole incident maybe it will not be reported. Your friend will need to be on his guard against it happening again and take what measures he can to prevent it.
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Yes, the laws vary from state-to-state. The dog would be pts if it was deemed aggressive by the law. An unprovoked attack of this nature would more-than-likely cause the dog to be deemed aggressive, especially a p.c. The man would have to file a complaint, however, and the dog would be quarantined for rabies if there were no shot records.
Mizraab
New Member!

21-03-2005, 12:51 PM
This thing happened here in Georgia . i dont know about Georgia laws . The guy is pretty nice he didnt complained about it yet . but if he does then what will happened ..anybody here from Georgia .??? The dog is fully updated on his shots . The guy got a little bitty scrath on his small finger . after the dog attacked him and when my friend yelled at him , the dog sat down and he didnt did anything and the guy was standing infront of the dog not close but he was probably 6 feet away from the dog .

according to him he said it was a accident .
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2005, 12:56 PM
http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/Georgia.html

There is a link for Georgia dog laws.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry to sound like a sceptic but I am not convinced about the authenticity of Mizraab.

For someone who owns a Presa and is a self-appointed expert on mollosers (see bully kutta threads) I find it hard to believe owining such dogs you wouldn't at least be familiar with the laws of your country, and same applies to your friend - don't you think he'd know about the laws of where he lives? (just a bit odd that niether of you have a clue)

Sorry but you and your postings to date just sound a little 'fishy' to me. Apologies if I am wrong.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing there Azz lol.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >