View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 10:59 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Helena but I do think you have made the right decision.

Cassie has obviously had a wonderful life with your family, a life that many dogs sadly will never know. However much time you have left with her I know that you will cherish it.

With big hugs to you, Dave, Georgie and especially Cassie at this very difficult time xxx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 11:01 AM
So sorry to hear this news. But I think in your heart you already knew what the outcome would be, you can just sense these things can't you. Cassie has had a wonderful life and has been well loved, no dog could ask for more. Just try and enjoy the time you have left. Easier said than done I know. Sending you all hugs.
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm so sorry Helena, I'm sat here with a houseful of people who are wondering why I've got tears rolling down my face.

Cassie has been one lucky lady to have you as a human mum and had a wonderful life with you and your family. Enjoy the time you with her and give her a gentle hug from me.

Will be thinking of you all.

anne xxx
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Your being so brave...At times like this I get lost for words for once, I will be even more quiet when the real time comes so I need to say as much as I can now as I will be useless then ...

I'm like Dave - not too much time for all people but every single animal can bring out my softest side. At times like these when one of us on here loose a dog it makes me realise how much we need to cherish our dogs and make the most of every minuete of them. Both my dogs have been getting even more hugs than usual latley - it's sad to think we wont have our dogs forever but rather than ignore it I would rather remember that and treat them so special every day, just like you have with Cassie.

I can't say much to help cheer you up because it never works at a time like this but you can rest assured that your all in my thoughts, you and Cassie, and Dave and Georgie - your mum too if she is anything like mine and thinks of the dogs as her 'grandoggies'.

Cassie is one of the dogweb dogs that I've known of almost the whole time I've been a member here and it's these one's that especially get to me when something is wrong with one of them

Cassie will always be with you, bless her...I will be thinking of her and sending lots of hugs and kisses.

Take care xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Awww...Aitch, I too am sat here in floods of tears. I'm so sorry the prognosis wasn't better but grateful for you that the vet was so lovely. You're doing what's best for your girl and that's all they ask. You enjoy this time with her and we'll all be here when you need us. Take care and you know where I am if you need anything. xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:03 PM
So Sorry the news wasn't good.Cherish every moment you spend with her.

Thinking of you all xx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Helena I can`t really add anything to what already has been said. I just want you to know that we are all thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. Big hugs to you and gentle snuggles to Cassie.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 12:48 PM
I can't stop crying now after reading these lovely replies from all my special friends on here. I'm not as strong as I thought, but I will do what has to be done. I've settled her down for her afternoon nap, and we've been forf a wander on the green. Sadly, I met an old male friend up there who lost his beloved gsd not so long ago and now he walks someone's lab. I just burst into tears when I saw him and told him, and he planted a gentle kiss on my cheek gave me a hug and walked away in tears himself, it brought home too many memories for him that's for sure. He tried to keep his dog going for too long right up until she couldn't even walk to go outside, which I thought was very wrong, but he adored that dog so much it broke him in two when he finally had to let her go. He wouldn't talk to anybody for months, so I hope I haven't opened up his wound this morning by seeing him.

I'm cooking her a fresh piece of chicken breast coz I know how much she likes it when it's just been cooked what am I like! She's lost her appetite a bit today, so I want to tempt her. I don't think she's got long now, and I'm really, really hoping in my heart that she just passes away in her sleep without any pain, but it never works like that does it, sadly.

Sorry I've made you all cry today and embarrass you Anne in front of your friends, but if I know you, these friends will be animal lovers anyways so they'll more than understand just how soft us lot are! Mys. I will understand if I don't see you post anymore when the time comes and thankyou for taking the time to let me know how special Cassie was to you as well over the past 2 years. However, I'd much rather be reading one of your usual type humourous posts or when you've got that wooden spoon out, or in fact when you're bashing someone with it in the discussions forum! Thanks all of you guys, I know how much you feel for us both at this sad time, andI know it's gonna get worse for me and Dave but somehow we'll get through this, but I couldn't have got this far without your help.xxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

13-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Oh Helena I am in tears as well. You are brave and you can take comfort from knowing that Cassie has had a beautiful, happy and full life with you. Cassie herself will know that and will always be around you and with you. What you have to do when the time does come, you will do with great courage. You have shown how strong you are.

Your many friends on here have all said everything that I would say.

Please give my big hugs and kisses to Cassie and Loki sends hers as well.

You will give her the love near her time.

Oh I do feel for you. Take care.

Bless Cassie and I hope no pain is felt by her. You are doing the right thing. You are brave.

Luvs to you and special luvs to Cassie.

Rose xx and Loki xx
ace
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2007, 01:18 PM
I'm also sat here with tears running down my face

So very sorry that it wasn't better news from the vet. I know you will cherish every minute you have left with your baby, and she will certainly know how much you love her.
You are being incredibly stong and showing great courage in dealing with this.

Massive hugs to you all, and wishing Cassie a peaceful journey when the time comes.

Rachael x x x
Page 3 of 49 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »