View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Well here they are usually in a plastic bag inside the chicken, same as turkey, my dogs are deprived
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

17-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well here they are usually in a plastic bag inside the chicken, same as turkey, my dogs are deprived
Aaaahhhh - poor deprived dogs! I have just put in an order for 5 kilos each turkey gizzards, hearts and liver, which Mikhaël will deliver on his way home this evening!

[I am well stocked up with chicken backs and turkey necks so just needed "meat"]

Oh, and I also buy ox lung for Pereg [when I can get it].

Ox heart for me has to be specially ordered - she can have the trimmings but the rest is mine, all mine!
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Apparently the lack of giblets is some wonderful new EU directive

I always used to buy Chickens with giblets as they make the most wonderful gravy, hey ho....
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

17-06-2014, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Imana-Banana View Post
Apparently the lack of giblets is some wonderful new EU directive

I always used to buy Chickens with giblets as they make the most wonderful gravy, hey ho....
So are all chickens minus their giblets these days? How odd I thought Tesco's were on their own with that one
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

17-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
So are all chickens minus their giblets these days? How odd I thought Tesco's were on their own with that one
What a pity and what a waste - I am [almost, but not quite] beginning to feel guilty at the plethora of them here.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2014, 01:56 PM
How very strange, I would never dream of cooking anything without washing it first I shall have to revise my thoughts

I had missed giblets but thought they were just out of fashion. I hadn't realised it was yet another EU directive.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-06-2014, 03:36 PM
I never wash meat before cooking chicken or other wise.

Chickens have been minus their giblets for a long time now. Unless like me you can buy from a local butcher. They have the giblets still and they sell the big turkey giblets at Christmas separately bagged. They make lovely gravy.
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2014, 03:58 PM
No washing of meat here before cooking, although my mum used too, not sure if she still does.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2014, 04:00 PM
I have a thing about chicken Cooked or uncooked I can't bare to handle it,don't eat it either.OH or oldest normally deal with it and neither wash it OH does wash out the turkey at Christmas time though,must let him have a read of this
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

17-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I never wash meat before cooking chicken or other wise.

Chickens have been minus their giblets for a long time now. Unless like me you can buy from a local butcher. They have the giblets still and they sell the big turkey giblets at Christmas separately bagged. They make lovely gravy.
See I wouldn't know that as I used to just buy the breasts but the price of them is ridiculous so I've gone back to buying whole chickens and cutting them up myself where necessary.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >