Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 01:23 PM

Designer Breeds

I have just been watching a USA programme, DOGS101, yesterdays programme. It was all about designer dog breeds of America. It was very positive about the Labradoodle , and I can see why.

Did anyone else watch the same programme? What were your thoughts?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Didn't see it. What did it say?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Didn't watch it. I can't see how it can be positive about a breed that doesn't exist!
Becky
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Didn't see it. What did it say?
Well, it told us why the dogs were crossed in the first place, which was a good reason (obviously this is subjective to opinions as is everything of course), also it showed a family who had always wanted a dog, they could not have one as the son has asthma , and has to be on a machine for it, they bought one of these dogs (three hair types ) the type with the hair least likely to cause a reaction. The bond he had with this dog was fabulous to see.

TBH , it was refreshing to see 'Designer' dogs in a positive light.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I have just been watching a USA programme, DOGS101, yesterdays programme. It was all about designer dog breeds of America. It was very positive about the Labradoodle , and I can see why.

Did anyone else watch the same programme? What were your thoughts?
I didn't see it. We've come across a few Labradoodles recently and they all seemed to have lovely temperaments; they were lovely dogs. Is that typical?
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Apparently Labrdadoodles first came to the UK because Guide Dogs for the Blind were developing them for asmatic blind people, they wanted the lab temperment and poodle coat. Makes sense to me....of course it's getting a bit silly now we have Sprollies, Sprockers, Bullshihtz and the rest . They are still cross breeds with fancy names, but I think the Labradoodles background makes a lot of sense. I have no problem with mutts (I own one!) I do have a problem with people breeding "designer crossbreeds" without much though then idiots paying thousands of pounds and insisting that their Cockapoo is a pedigree breed because both it's parents (or different breeds!) were pedigree
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I still have a pic on my pc of a cc crossed with a cairn terrier looks so wrong ..
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I didn't see it. We've come across a few Labradoodles recently and they all seemed to have lovely temperaments; they were lovely dogs. Is that typical?
Well, someone I work with has one, he describes it as a bit of a nightmare dog. However, the programme described them as easy to train, if memory serves me correctly and I think it does xxxx It may depend on the breeder and also the owner. They did look like lovely dogs and I can see why people have them. I got the impression that they may even be recognised in the not so distant future (USA)...that will be interesting.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 04:40 PM
They also mentioned Goldendoodles, amongst other breeds.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
They also mentioned Goldenoodles, amongst other breeds.
I prefer a potnoodle myself ..
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 4 11 51 > Last »