View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:55 PM
TBH personnally I would never see a risk of injury in a car as medium to high, ok dogs and people can go through their lives without being in any accidents, but IMO there is too many people on the road and too many idiots, as even if the owner of the car is careful there is no way of knowing what the other people on the road are like. I've also heard of children being injured in car accidents because they have had the windows half open allowing their heads to go through the open window, although this could also have caused injury to a person or animal if they hit a shut window too the danger of a danger of a head going through a open window is there, and if the car rolls onto that side the dangers are very high.

On the other hand there is so many things in life that are dangerous, and living life is also the most dangerous thing, because from the second your born there is only one gaurentee, you will die, nothing else is set in stone like that, but I would never allow any of my dogs to have their heads out of a window because of knowing about my Great Uncles Greyhound, I would never want my dogs to have the chance to suffer the same fate.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Aww bless him, I can just imagine his expression when you put his floatsuit on him!
kinda says it all doesnt it
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 08:59 PM

And I thought Isla was bad with the face she has on her!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
I've also found this on google, I hope its ok to put it up, I think that its intresting, and talks about car safety for dogs.

http://therealowner.com/dogs/canine-safety-in-cars/

Also Esmed I know this thread probally hasn't turned out how you wanted it too, but I think that its become a usefull thread
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
kinda says it all doesnt it
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2010, 07:52 AM
OMG I saw this on the way to work this morning!

Made my blood boil, I was going mental to my hubby and trying to get my phone out of my pocket as I was driving, so I could get a pic, he took one for me!!
Hubby thinks the dog may have been tethered but wasnt sure, I dont think he was.
It was on a 4 lane road, followed me onto a 40mph dual carriageway, he was driving much slower than that, but even so.....

The dog was right up with his head over the cab. Am still shaking now!!!

Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post

Made my blood boil, I was going mental to my hubby and trying to get my phone out of my pocket as I was driving, so I could get a pic, he took one for me!!
Hubby thinks the dog may have been tethered but wasnt sure, I dont think he was.
It was on a 4 lane road, followed me onto a 40mph dual carriageway, he was driving much slower than that, but even so.....

When I went to Canada this seemed normal....Every Dog on the Island traveled like this.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes we've seen this too, but with Border Collies locally - numpties!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by dreamaday View Post

Horrific, but I have to say, trying to get your phone out of your pocket whilst driving is just as dangerous!
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-07-2010, 10:28 AM
@Pidge, thats why OH took one on his phone instead! I only really got as far as patting my pockets before he had his camera out!
Page 7 of 49 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »