Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 06:46 AM

I Have Some News !

As if I didn't have enough going on in my life at the moment, we are now moving house!

Clive had taken the house off the market and we were going to stay here and look at holiday homes.

The Sunday before last we had a call from the very last agent we had put the house with, (he is a one man band, a very nice chap who has branched out on his own and offered to try to sell it for over £500 less than the other agents), he had been on holiday when Clive had taken it off the market and so it had still been on rightmove with his company. He rang to see if we would take a viewing with a local cash buyer, Clive said no, he'd had enough and that was that.

The week before this happened, the awful neighbour had been hanging over the fence screaming obscenities at him, for no reason, he'd been at work all day and literally walked through the garage door to that. I was getting the washing in at the time and she hadn't said a word to me, but rushed out at him.

On the Sunday night I asked Clive if he thought he had been a bit hasty with is decision as I didn't want to live here anymore with that neighbour, and she is making him more depressed because she lays into him everytime she can, and he can't do anything about it as he doesn't want anything on record as we were planning on moving at some time in the future. He agreed and I phoned the agent on the Monday morning, he brought the lad and his dad round that evening and they offered what Clive was looking for! They live in the village and the boys dad is helping him out with the purchase, they want a quick move.

Since then we have fallen in love with a house in a village 4 miles from Milton Keynes, so close enough for Clives work but right out in the country for walks and pubs etc. We took Leon for a walk there and bumped into a friend of mine from my showing days who lives there with her 3 english setters! We made an offer which was refused, have made another offer which is only £10k lower than asking price, (and we're talking over £200k for the property), but the woman is keeping us hanging on. I have to play bully boy today and say that we're walking away if it doesn't get settled today as Clive is now having kittens worrying about us finding somewhere.

It is an extended 4 bedroom semi with a double garage, huge rooms, seperate study and dining room which we would be using as a family room so Leon will have the run of downstairs with the exception of the posh lounge which we will use when we have visitors. I'm so excited at the prospect of being able to cuddle my boy whilst watching tv of an evening, I really have missed having him up on the furniture with me, so you can imagine that I am really keen for this woman to accept our offer. We have looked at other properties but they just don't have the space that this one has, and the douible garage means that Clive can easily work from home, as planned.

Once I know if our offer has finally been accepted I will post details of the house, if its not accepted Clive may offer the full price but its a matter of principal with him, he dropped £10k on a £140k home, I dropped £25k on a £120k home, so why should we keep being the losers? But it is the house of our dreams so I think he should offer the full price if we can't find anything else that suits as well as this one does.

As you can imagine, with all this going on, my health, Leons health and normal day to day things, I'm a very busy bunny at the moment
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Oooooooooo how exciting and how lucky...the housing market is so weird at the moment. An inspiring tale (as we want to move too) I have everything corssed for you...keep us posted!!!
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-08-2009, 06:52 AM
I really hope it all works out for you babe x x x x x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Oooooooooo how exciting and how lucky...the housing market is so weird at the moment. An inspiring tale (as we want to move too) I have everything corssed for you...keep us posted!!!
Thanks Ailsa, its weird as we're moving from Northamptonshire to just 4 miles outside Buckinghamshire but the properties there are twice the price of anything around here, and they seem to get snapped up. We saw loads of potentials before Clives was sold but now there doesn't seem to be a lot about, and I think we have been totally spoiled by this one..I don't think I have ever been in such a huge house, the master bedroom is 17'9" x 10'9" and has an ensuite with its own wet room I so hope we get it and I'll post details as soon as I know.

Hope you get your move sorted xx

Originally Posted by Penry View Post
I really hope it all works out for you babe x x x x x
Thanks so much Shane xx Its doubly important for me as it will mean Leon doesn't only have the kitchen diner that he has now, he will really be part of the family and be able to mooch around to his hearts content.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Fingers crossed for you Sheree.

But please don't you and Clive get too caught up in the 'we dropped our price so they must drop theirs'. The house may already be on the market for the lowest price possible.

At the end of the day if you love it and you can afford it, why loose a dream home on a (imo, not very sound) principle?

I really hope you get it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Everything crossed here Sheree. Out of interest do you know how long she has had the house on the market for if it is a while surely she would take a reasonable offer if she is serious about selling. Might be worth having a word with the Agent if she is selling through an Agent.

I am really excited for you. I hope it all turns out well you deserve it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Once I know if our offer has finally been accepted I will post details of the house, if its not accepted Clive may offer the full price but its a matter of principal with him, he dropped £10k on a £140k home, I dropped £25k on a £120k home, so why should we keep being the losers? But it is the house of our dreams so I think he should offer the full price if we can't find anything else that suits as well as this one does.
Hope this all goes smoothly for you Sheree..

Word of warning, the house market is a funny old thing, and dont go an loose your dream home on a principal.

Because you both dropped your prices, does not mean the seller of this house should do the same, she maybe in a position to stand it out... if she does not take this offer, then if you really want this house, you will have to up your offer.

Speak to the agent, see if its on the market at a fair price, they will also know if she is willing to take offers..
Here's fingers crossed you get your new home.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Well that is some good news! And good advice given too re the new house's price. It may already have been cut, same as mine was when we first saw it.
I'd be inclined to ask the agent who is selling it to give you details of other properties rather than attempt to be a bully on settling today - because sure as eggs is eggs, that will get back to the lady anyway.
Fingers crossed for you, Sheree.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Fingers crossed for you Sheree.

But please don't you and Clive get too caught up in the 'we dropped our price so they must drop theirs'. The house may already be on the market for the lowest price possible.

At the end of the day if you love it and you can afford it, why loose a dream home on a (imo, not very sound) principle?

I really hope you get it
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Everything crossed here Sheree. Out of interest do you know how long she has had the house on the market for if it is a while surely she would take a reasonable offer if she is serious about selling. Might be worth having a word with the Agent if she is selling through an Agent.

I am really excited for you. I hope it all turns out well you deserve it.
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Hope this all goes smoothly for you Sheree..

Word of warning, the house market is a funny old thing, and dont go an loose your dream home on a principal.

Because you both dropped your prices, does not mean the seller of this house should do the same, she maybe in a position to stand it out... if she does not take this offer, then if you really want this house, you will have to up your offer.

Speak to the agent, see if its on the market at a fair price, they will also know if she is willing to take offers..
Here's fingers crossed you get your new home.
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Well that is some good news! And good advice given too re the new house's price. It may already have been cut, same as mine was when we first saw it.
I'd be inclined to ask the agent who is selling it to give you details of other properties rather than attempt to be a bully on settling today - because sure as eggs is eggs, that will get back to the lady anyway.
Fingers crossed for you, Sheree.
Thanks everyone..good advice I know. The house has been on the market since January and had sold for £225k which is what it is on for at the moment, but the buyer lost his buyer. Since then she has had an offer of £210k which she refused and £215k which she refused and then accepted but those buyers had moved on by the time she decided to accept. We didn't know this until we made a first offer of £210k after the agent had told us she would accept an offer, the agent phoned us and told us about the £215k offer and said that she knew she would accept that from us, its a marriage break-up, she is now living there with her new partner and her ex wants his share of the house. So we offered £215k on the agents say so, she came back and said the woman wants nearer the asking price and the agent said that she told the woman that we are in a very good position and if she wants the asking price then should they market it at a fixed price to which she said no, could she have a couple of days to think about it, this was on Sunday so we really need to find out today. I get the impression that the agent feels a bit awkward as she encouraged us to make an offer in the first place, had she said no offers then I feel Clive would have paid the full price, but now the agent seems to be on our side trying to get the woman to accept the offer, and Clive feels that he shouldn't pay full price because it looks like he is backing down...(men and their pride eh?)

I had already said to Clive that the house is worth the asking price, (in my mind anyhow), it has everything we need and if it had been up at £250k and we got it for £225k he would have been laughing. He agrees and he did say last night that if we can't find anything else either today or tomorrow he will offer the full price as we need to get it sorted in our minds and get the ball rolling so that we can have a quick move. Clive is very stubborn, as you all know, but is a pussy cat once he feels that he has made the decision, even though I may have planted the seed earlier on
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
If as you say, you have never seen anything else like it in the price range then why should they drop their price. I think these days everyone just expects people to accept so much less than the asking price cos phil and kirsty say so and it's nonsense. If the house is priced right they shouldn't need to accept a lower offer.
Being nosy I had a look and if it's the one I think it is then it looks as if it's been extended and is about the same price as other properties in the area. Not having to live through building work is priceless, frankly.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »