View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
staffysmum
Dogsey Junior

21-02-2005, 04:49 PM

anyone no how to dlr puppys

ive heard people talking about there puppies being dlr registerd just wonderd how you do it anyone no ? any feedback apriciated
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2005, 04:59 PM
It' a waste of money, you can just as easily do your own certificates on your own computer for free and they would have as much validity, that is, not much. Why pay out for something that has no value. You know, puppy buyers might be fooled into thinking that DLR is KC, and that would be misleading wouldn't it.

Dawn R.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi staffysmum, In my opinion DLR is the biggest con going. I have been told that it was set up by a puppyfarmer as another moneymaking scheme. The registration is not worth the paper its writing on. I imagine you could register a staffy as a great dane and they wouldn't know or probably care. Anyone could set up one of these registration companies and prey on the uninformed. The KC isn't perfect but it is the best we have. I could go on for ages about this con, but appartently they are threatening people with legal action if they slate them.
rocky
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Olive i agree with what you say it is a con
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Sorry Staffysmum, anyone would be wasting their time with D**, everyone who knows anything about dogs just laughs at the D** and those who don't would not know about registrations anyway. By all means copy out a pedigree as a matter of interest for people, it is useful to trace things back Say I bought an unregistered Mini Schnauzer (which I would not) even though I was not breeding I would still have the eye tests done and inform the breeders whose dogs were on the pedigree (if they were around) of the outcome to help keep the collated details of lines carrying the eye problem up to date.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2005, 06:38 PM
As others have said, not worth the paper it is written on, you can just make up your own pedigree. If you know the background of your pups back 3 or 5 generations then write your own pedigree out for those who are buying your pups, but be honest, tell them they are not registered with the Kennel Club and if they ask tell them why. They can still have the eyes tested but will not be able to get the hips scored.
staffysmum
Dogsey Junior

21-02-2005, 10:50 PM
ok thanks it just sounded nice ill not bother as i no now what it is thankyou again