Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I agree. I think the Rspca needs a change of focus but I think that can come from within.
What change of focus would you like to see?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2016, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
What change of focus would you like to see?
I would like to see them less involved in large scale issues such as fox hunting and badger baiting. I would also like them to acknowledge that a dog that has shelter, food and water can still be a neglect case. I'd like them to be more like they used to be and be more visibly active. I would also like to see the money filter down to the branches rather than them having to do their own fund raising.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 03:28 PM
No I'm very well informed.
Being that and charming are not mutually exclusive.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 05:50 PM
I would like to see them less involved in large scale issues such as fox hunting and badger baiting. I would also like them to acknowledge that a dog that has shelter, food and water can still be a neglect case. I'd like them to be more like they used to be and be more visibly active. I would also like to see the money filter down to the branches rather than them having to do their own fund raising.
I'm not so sure. Fox hunting and badger baiting to me comes under cruelty to animals which is what the RSPCA are supposed to be all about.

Yes, I'd like to see branches being funded from the central pot and also more to the benchmark 'shelter, food and water' as the criteria for action.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Yes fox hunting and badger baiting like dog fighting are cruelty issues but they are also against the law and yet the Rspca devotes so much time and money to fighting these cases. Shouldn't these cases be dealt with by the police especially when the rspca responds to so few calls for help in general cruelty cases, where animals are left to suffer because the rspca doesn't have the resources to respond.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm not so sure. Fox hunting and badger baiting to me comes under cruelty to animals which is what the RSPCA are supposed to be all about.

Yes, I'd like to see branches being funded from the central pot and also more to the benchmark 'shelter, food and water' as the criteria for action.
I also think the RSPCA should be at the forefront of investigating and prosecuting people who flout and break the Law in terms of fox hunting, badger baiting, dog fighting. In fact, I would go so far as to say they should be given the same rights of arrest as the police in serious cases of law breaking.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I also think the RSPCA should be at the forefront of investigating and prosecuting people who flout and break the Law in terms of fox hunting, badger baiting, dog fighting. In fact, I would go so far as to say they should be given the same rights of arrest as the police in serious cases of law breaking.
I totally agree.

Either the police take full responsibility and be seen to be enforcing the Law on these issues or hand it over totally to an organisation whose remit is the prevention of cruelty to animals
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Well they have stated they will never bring another prosecution against a hunt again, they now see their role as more about education and advice.
Their role is animal welfare not animal rights.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2016, 07:13 PM
I agree.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

18-11-2016, 07:18 PM
That's the job of the police and a charity is not the same as the police by any stretch of the imagination, they've already overstepped their remit which is why the Government is stepping in. The past few years the Rspca has behaved more like Peta than an animal welfare charity.
Page 10 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 >