Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2020, 05:51 AM

Daily Chat Wednesday 9th September

Good morning everyone

Fingers crossed for you Brenda

Looks as though it is going to be a nice day. Teazle walked and washing out. Bought some violas at the garden centre yesterday so off to plant them shortly

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2020, 05:54 AM
Morning Sue, thank you. Hope you have a good day and everyone else. Bit cloudy here but looks as though they will clear.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2020, 06:03 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Take care and have a good day. Stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2020, 07:53 AM
Morning Sue, brenda, Moyra and all to follow.
Bit overcast here to but warm.
Good drive over to Essex yesterday, so many idiots on the roads round here though and one on the A14. After terrible tragedy a week ago on one of our roads you would think people would drive accordingly. Mind you so many tragedies on our fen roads.
Nice time with my friend ended up only being 3 hours out due to her being preoccupied about her dad and her worrying about the fella on the next table sneezing. She has asthma so worries a lot more than I do.
There was no track and trace forms at this garden centre cafe and not very well social distanced tables either.
Use to be a popular hangout of ours when we lived in Harlow but it was flipping expensive to so I will in future do the extra miles to Ongar.

Good luck with the viewing brenda.
griff any news on your scan and how are you feeling ?

Hoping everyone is well today and all four legged friends to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2020, 10:38 AM
I haven't had to fill out a track and trace thing anywhere I have been.....mind you, they know me anyway.
I have a scan on the 18th.....2 days of prep in advance...yay such fun lol.
Been inundated with phone calls from different hospital departments... hoping the rest of my week will be quiet now
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2020, 12:27 PM
I've been toying with the idea of this company called homewise but don't think it is viable.
Never mind I will keep looking. Warm here. Have a good afternoon peeps.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2020, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I've been toying with the idea of this company called homewise

Brenda - I had never heard of them so I had a look at their website.
I would be very cautious about dealing with them.

Since you would not be the owner of the property you could find yourself homeless if they went bust, and this could happen if they used the property as security on some other investment which subsequently failed. The creditors of Homewise would be pushing to recover their money by getting Homewise to sell their properties regardless of who was living in them.

After going through the courts you might get some alternative accomodation provided but who can say if that would be the same and you would like it.

The old saying "If it sounds too good to be true it usually is"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Well that's good griff your scan is booked.
brenda just had a browse, I am always interested in these sites but wonder how they can make these things work.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2020, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I've been toying with the idea of this company called homewise but don't think it is viable.
Never mind I will keep looking. Warm here. Have a good afternoon peeps.
Brenda have you spoken to your local council? I ask because a friend of a friend split from his wife and the house was sold and the remaining money was not sufficient to rebuy he contacted the council and was offered as he was over 60 (just) a place in retirement housing council run lovely maisonette.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2020, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
a place in retirement housing council run lovely maisonette.

Some of these are really nice, you get a one or two bedroom flat, lots of people around, a coffee room, often a dedicated laundry room and of course cable TV and Internet some even have a full time warden worth looking into I think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >