Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2020, 05:53 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday. 3rd September, 2020

Good morning everyone, trust you and your four legged friends are all fit and well. Take care and stay safe. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2020, 09:04 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope you manage to speak to your doctor Kelly. These telephone consults are a pain you make the call and then have to wait nearly all day for a reply

Overcast and a bit windy here today. Tazle walked and all windows up and down outside cleaned now coffee time

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2020, 10:10 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Rained hard early hours dry for our short walk, rained when I came out of Tesco and now dry and windy.
Had to pop ot to B&M and Tesco for containers and baking supplies (more) nearly ran out of caster sugar making 70 odd meringues yesterday for Lauren's 30th Birthday bbq Saturday. Plus celebrating Marks Birthday on the 29th.
he is a little concerned 30 people coming but he trusts everyone invited and he pointed out he has worked the whole way through having to mingle with 100's and 100's of customers since March and probably before.
It seems meetings of groups larger than 30 you can be fined and I am sure it will be dribs and drabs coming and going. We will stay for a few hours but be careful as Mark, Lauren her family some of them and Joel and Tia will literally of got back from a holiday at Butlins.
So cupcake baking today, visiting Beth tomorrow and my friend Julie on Tuesday at a garden centre just off the M11.
She sounds really fed up.
Really cross with a man in B&Q he was really rude as he had to get back to get a basket and seemed to think I was the cause, then I was queuing and leaving a gap and him and his wife cut straight in front.
As I loaded my stuff they were within ear shot and I said to the girl talk about social distancing you do it and then rude people cut in front of you and take your place.
She mentioned it is happening a lot some people are just not polite at the moment and think the rest of us are standing the distance recommended for the fun of it.

griff hope you are feeling less stressed today.
Moyra hope the leg is improving.
Sue hope you enjoyed your coffee break.
Harvey hope it was a quieter night and the hedgepig friends didn't visit instead.
Kazz hope you have a nice day.
brenda hows the move going ?

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2020, 10:28 AM
Lynn very very slowly. Hi everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Good afternoon all.

Mucky, murky morning here and wet - very wet. We got drenched during our walk. Rosie was decidedly unimpressed

On the plus side, the town was very quiet this morning. So much so that we dared a coffee at McDs. It was virtually empty and totally empty outside where we were. Took a couple of disinfectant wipes to clean the table and seat, but so worth it. We really have missed finishing our morning off with a coffee.

No word from the agent yet about getting the flat on the market. If we don't hear by early next week, we'll look at other agents as it doesn't bode well when they are slow at getting the paperwork out to even start the process
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-09-2020, 12:18 PM
Hello all
Sue - I know what you mean about doctors telephone appointments, ours usually phone at the end of the day around 6pm. However, my consultant at the McMillan clinic sends me aletter giving the day and time he will call me and so far has always been exactly on time.

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
It seems meetings of groups larger than 30 you can be fined.........
Did you read about the 500 plus people who turned up in Thetford Forrest ? (not far from either of us.) Police handed out some big fines but likely they'll never be paid

I was queuing and leaving a gap and him and his wife cut straight in front....................
Typical of the generation and there's so many of them.

and think the rest of us are standing the distance recommended for the fun of it.
Do these people never read a newspaper or look at the TV news. You must be brain dead if you don't know about social distancing

Harvey hope it was a quieter night and the hedgepig friends didn't visit instead.
Yes all quiet last night thankfully, we do know that with Bruno, when he barks it's always down to a live creature, it may be four legged (or two legs and two wings) or just the plain two legged humans

Griff - Hope you are recovering from the 'side effects' I don't give my mobile number to British Oxygen anymore !!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Happy Thursday everyone

Been to work home and out with the now soggy one. It rained and madam also rolled in muddy and somewhat smelly puddles or something and has been rinsed off on return. Pacified by her breakfast so all should be good.

Have a good day everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Lynn you must be my lucky mascot as the solicitor emailed to say the draft contract has gone to buyers solicitor. It may be a couple of weeks before we hear anything but it is s step in the right direction.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2020, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Lynn you must be my lucky mascot as the solicitor emailed to say the draft contract has gone to buyers solicitor. It may be a couple of weeks before we hear anything but it is s step in the right direction.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-09-2020, 03:34 PM
Great news brenda.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >