View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Don't have a passport and need all the money for renting etc. So, cardboard city here I come. ROFL!! Watching Miranda, always funny.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2020, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
except as mentioned the one young whippersnapper who thought he could run rings round me.

Didn't know what he was taking on with you did he

With HART (who were the sellers agents when we bought this place) I received a letter which didn't make any sense, refered to a mortgage broker I had never heard of, said I had been rejected for a mortgage (How could I be 'rejected' when I never wanted a morgage in the first place )

I eventualy worked out that what the young whippersnapper had done is 'copy & paste' some other clients letter, just changed the address etc. and had not bothered to read through the printed letter, just stuffed it in an envelope and posted it.

I complained to HART and attached a copy of the letter highlighting all the mistakes. Never got a reply.

So my message to anyone reading this who might be considering using HART as their estate agent.....Don't do it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Don't have a passport and need all the money for renting etc.

Remember Brenda that when you find somewhere to rent you can negotiate before signing the lease. Most landlords will ask for 12 months but you don't have to go with that, you can do a 3 month lease, the rent migh be a bit more but worth it if it gives you time to look around and make a final decision.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2020, 06:22 AM
Down here they ask for 6 months if not working, which I am not, not now, but yep when this house sale has completely gone through I can do that. I have worked out my finances. My problem is finding somewhere that will be available when I need it. They go so fast around here. Thanks everyone for all your input.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-08-2020, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
My problem is finding somewhere that will be available when I need it. They go so fast around here.

Brenda - You have my sympathies, it's what the Scots call a 'double whammy'

(1) Government imposed stricter conditions on 'Buy to Let' landords, so they are selling up fast.

(2) Covid disaster means lots more people out of a job so can't buy, so have to rent.

Apart from baking a few nice chocolate cakes and handing out to all the letting agencies I can't think of anything you can do.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2020, 08:51 PM
I don't bake so they will have to have wine but only when they find me something. But plenty of time. Probably more November now.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3