View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2020, 10:40 AM
Yes it's a chain brenda a short one but a chain.
When we moved from Fennels to Upwell there was no chain we had first time buyers and we were buying from a couple who were moving in with parents and sourcing a property from there.
When we bought here no chain we had sold to first time buyers, this was empty and belonged to a do it up company. They just wanted their money and then re-invest it in another property but none were on the cards at sale.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It's definitely a chain because there are three houses in the mix, Brenda, unless your buyers are renting their present house and the house is being sold by their landlord?
Good thinking. Either way Brenda you have a buyer, chase the estate agent and the solicitor YOU ARE ON THE MOVE
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 11:55 AM
Well my email paid off cos I've now got forms to fill in and send back. A friend of mine is going to post it through the office door for me. I feel a bit of progress has been made.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2020, 12:00 PM
Wooohooo you're on the move.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Well my email paid off cos I've now got forms to fill in and send back. A friend of mine is going to post it through the office door for me. I feel a bit of progress has been made.
YooHooo Just in time to start the search in September.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 12:48 PM
YooHooo Just in time to start the search in September.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Lynn the buyers have an investor buying their place. I am sure I was originally told that they didn't have a chain. Surely an investor buying theirs is a chain of sorts?

Yes Brenda it IS a chain, it might even be that the 'investor' is waiting on a sale of another property, or finance, or many things, so the chain could be more than three.

You asked why people don't trust estate agents, well it's almost certain that it was your estate agent who told you there was no chain, now you know there is a chain (at least three) who else could have told you ???

My experience with them has been the exact opposite of Lynns, there are some good ones and I'm sure her son worked every hour possible but he's the exception not the rule
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2020, 01:40 PM
Yes always been lucky here Harvey except as mentioned the one young whippersnapper who thought he could run rings round me. Soon found out he couldn't, ended up the firm got no money for pulling out early and he lost a sale.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 06:11 PM
My problem now is finding somewhere to live as soon as completion is near. Places round here go very quickly. If I know the sale is definite I could move out but and it is a big but I am not that stupid to know things could go tits up as they say.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2020, 06:24 PM
My problem now is finding somewhere to live as soon as completion is near. Places round here go very quickly. If I know the sale is definite I could move out but and it is a big but I am not that stupid to know things could go tits up as they say.
You could always book yourself into a hotel and storage for your furniture then rent. Or storage your furniture and a nice holiday, maybe over to see your daughter in the USA.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >