Sunny at the moment but rain forecast for the rest of the day

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2020, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Sue and all to follow.

Been out with Gert bit of washing on the line and swept the road outside the back cars almost constantly parked there in out etc and when I came back no cars so I grabbed the broom and out I went to find my neighbour from the town houses with the same idea. So we did a bit each. LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Morning Sue, Kazz, Moyra who put up the morning post also earlier I thought I saw and all to follow.
Would of replied earlier but Dillon has had a bout of the gulps (trapped wind) always a worry in these deep chested dogs.
So he has had two Gaviscon one I got down him whole wrapped up in a cheese triangle then read the packet and discovered you chew them I have always sucked them so learnt something.
So another one down him crushed in a cheese triangle. He has been eating any grass he can find and the runner bean leaves and some wild plants about the place.
He seems more settled now thankfully. Just ordered him some windeze it has simethicone in which is the best recommendation for dogs prone to bloat. Gaviscon use to have the ingredient but for some reason doesn't anymore.
Ollie's breeder told about Simethicone and it's the best thing.
Gorden hopefully finishing the decking today sawdust inside in the
patio door and a mess outside guess you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs.

Moyra hope the leg feels better today.

To everyone not mentioned hope you are well and four legged friends are to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2020, 02:13 PM
Hello, I see the reason I was having trouble posting was because Sue and I were doing so at the same time. I had a call from Basildon Hospital. I was supposed to go for a Renal Appointment in November but they decided since I have had to wait a long time that the consultant would phone me next Wednesday morning at 10 am to check out what medication I am taking and I suppose generally how I am. I am not drinking (alcohol) at the present time so my kidneys should not be any worse than they were. I am surprised he did not ask for me to go for a blood test to update the situation.

I cannot really attend the hospital at present because of my leg. I still cannot walk on it. It is so painful. Well stay safe and well friends, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Best to have a telephone consult it seems Moyra . Do hope the leg feels better soon.

I learnt a couple of hours ago I am a great great aunt again to my great niece's 2nd baby. A girl.
They kept her name secret and we have learnt today she is named after her dads nan Ivy and our mum Laura's great nan Lilly.
I had a few tears.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Afternoon all.

SNAP Sue and Moyra great minds and all that.

Lynn will note that down as I say my neighbour has the St Bernard she is only young but hey ho. Will mention it to Martin. Hope Dillon is feeling less discomfort.

Moyra I def go if they call you use a wheel chair.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Best to have a telephone consult it seems Moyra . Do hope the leg feels better soon.

I learnt a couple of hours ago I am a great great aunt again to my great niece's 2nd baby. A girl.
They kept her name secret and we have learnt today she is named after her dads nan Ivy and our mum Laura's great nan Lilly.
I had a few tears.
Awwww these names are coming back. Congratulations and welcome to the World little one.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Dillon much better now thank you Kazz after a couple of Gaviscon.
Most of us large deep chested breeds keep simethicone based antacid tablets on hand.
The simethicone seeems better able to deal with bloating and stomach distension.
I always feel Dillons tummy when he gets like that if it was to get hard and he found it difficult to lie down I would be off to the vet in an instant.
Friends dogs who have suffered people say you can see the tummy start to bloat.