Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I think I have one too!

It's been showing I have an infection on some urinanalysis strips I bought a while back - for over a week now. Told the doc he said it sounds like you are drinking too much water

Hope you get better soon.
Very interesting Azz. My son got told he drinks too much water too? Now what about all those entreaties telling us we should all be drinking ludicrous amounts of the stuff? Litres and litres of it every day.

Have to say that when I was diagnosed with serious gallstones (had them in my cystic ducts too so was a major surgery not keyhole) I was asked if I drink a lot of water. I did then - I asked about this and asked also did it count as drinking water if you make coffee with it! They said it isn't the same as drinking it 'straight'?

The pain OP is describing sounds like stones to me. People say labour pains are the worst you'll ever experience - having had gallstones and kidney stones in the past I can assure you they are not - give me the labour pains over those any day. At least in labour I wasn't crawling round the floor in agony!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Very interesting Azz. My son got told he drinks too much water too? Now what about all those entreaties telling us we should all be drinking ludicrous amounts of the stuff? Litres and litres of it every day.

Have to say that when I was diagnosed with serious gallstones (had them in my cystic ducts too so was a major surgery not keyhole) I was asked if I drink a lot of water. I did then - I asked about this and asked also did it count as drinking water if you make coffee with it! They said it isn't the same as drinking it 'straight'?

The pain OP is describing sounds like stones to me. People say labour pains are the worst you'll ever experience - having had gallstones and kidney stones in the past I can assure you they are not - give me the labour pains over those any day. At least in labour I wasn't crawling round the floor in agony!
I took Hubby to A&E a few years back,on the way to the hospital he actually tried to open the car door and jump out That's how distracted with pain he was.Lay on the waiting room floor when we got there,Doc got him into the room,examined him and immediately said kidney stone.I jokingly said "good job men can't have babies,then they'd know real pain.The woman doctor said I've had both and trust me kidney stones are 100 times worse So reckon you're right there TANG....He was given a morphine injection,must have passed it,never bothered since..thank God
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 10:50 AM
well just rang the vets and ronnie is having his jaw put back, it had been dislocated. poor boy.
the kidney probs. well pain score when im sitting its a 5 when i try to stand up its off the scale!!! once i get the cat home ill go back to the doctors.
just so wiped out with all these pain meds. im sleeping well at least.
thanks for the good wishes.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Poor Ronnie...bless him
Good luck at the doc's,really hope you can get something to help(( hugs))
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 01:45 PM
rang the vets poor ronnie wont take any food via the syringe so if he carries he will have to have a tube fitted to feed.
i was back at the doctors infection is going but still alot of pain. more painkillers.
then Ben did something stupid. he kicks off when someone knocks on the door.so i popped him in the kitchen. well as the attention wasnt on ben he decided to chew a lump of fur off his back. so hes now got the lamp of shame on.and im ignoring him. (ill bath it yet again tonight) just what a horrible month so far
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I think I have one too!

It's been showing I have an infection on some urinanalysis strips I bought a while back - for over a week now. Told the doc he said it sounds like you are drinking too much water

Hope you get better soon.
Why would water do that? I'm confused.

Bensmum - oh dear, you are going through it at the moment. I hope you start to feel better soon and that Ronnie will be okay. Ben too.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
rang the vets poor ronnie wont take any food via the syringe so if he carries he will have to have a tube fitted to feed.
i was back at the doctors infection is going but still alot of pain. more painkillers.
then Ben did something stupid. he kicks off when someone knocks on the door.so i popped him in the kitchen. well as the attention wasnt on ben he decided to chew a lump of fur off his back. so hes now got the lamp of shame on.and im ignoring him. (ill bath it yet again tonight) just what a horrible month so far
Oh gawd! I bet you wish you could 'rewind' a few months!

Tempted to say things can't get much worse but I HATE Platitudes - they do no good to the person they are said to (usually just make the person saying them feel a bit better when they are at a loss for words!)

Just that I hope, if things don't exactly IMPROVE, at least nothing else horrible happens to you in the next few days!
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 12:12 AM
so sorry only just seen this, sincerely hope things improve for you and Ronnie, I do sympathise as I am having problems but nothing like the pain you are in xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2014, 10:12 AM
I am very sorry to hear about you and poor little Ronnie - I have not been around for a few days so not up to date with everything, and hope you both get better very quickly (((hugs)))

I do not understand about this "drinking too much". Luckily I have never had kidney stones but like most permanent chair users I get frequent UTIs and drinking lots and lots is the main thing that eases them as taking antibiotics all the time just makes you immune to them. Also I do not drink tap water which is very hard here and apparently hard water helps "bind" whatever it is that cause kidney stones. I was also told that the water in tea and coffee do count as plain water.

For what it is worth, I drink about 2 - 3 litres of water a day. In the winter it is mainly as hot drinks, in the summer as plain water.

A few more gentle (((hugs))) xx
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2014, 01:01 PM
rang the vets and ronnie is on this feeding tube.as the stubborn little fella wont eat. im hoping that i can visit him. ill take his all time favorite treat. salmon to try n tempt him to eat..
im feeling a tad bit better. im not hunched over with pain now. antibiotics are kicking in. im also going to the loo more which is a better sign.
very tired all the time. meds knock me on my butt.
im drinking a couple of litres of water a day. and a couple of 1/2 cups of coffee a day. (just gone off it)
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >