Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 11:04 PM

Jools Hootenanny...

Someone tell me it's not just my ears and that Martha and The Vandellas should retire. Dear me
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 12:47 PM
wasn't just your ears and wasn't just Martha, Annie should too!
I think its the first time I'd ever given up on a Hootenanny !
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
wasn't just your ears and wasn't just Martha, Annie should too!
I think its the first time I'd ever given up on a Hootenanny !
Some of it was good but some was complete pants!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I always watch it but didn't fancy the lineup this year, plus i've got a viral infection and feel like pants so I went to bed early after watching the Martin Clunes thing on ITV which was good, I think Jules line uo looked too mainstream this year.Glad I didn't miss much by going to bed !
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Let`s be charitable and assume our Jules has gone a bit deaf (Annie Lennox! That strange woman in the hat!)...or maybe they cut his budget? And he`d had far too much caffeine. Loved the guy from the Stereophonics though.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics was fab and so was Dave Edmunds. Also Ruby Turner from Jools' band was superb.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Wasn't the best, although it was nice to see Annie Lennox again (for me).

Thought Kelly Jones was superb and was VERY disappointed in Duffy, what an annoying nasal voice and odd stage presence.

It seems that most of them (especially the Henry's) just seemed hell bent on getting wasted and acting like idiots. It wasn't as focused on talent as it usually is.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Wasn't the best, although it was nice to see Annie Lennox again (for me).

Thought Kelly Jones was superb and was VERY disappointed in Duffy, what an annoying nasal voice and odd stage presence.

It seems that most of them (especially the Henry's) just seemed hell bent on getting wasted and acting like idiots. It wasn't as focused on talent as it usually is.
Yeah, agree about Duffy. She doesn't seem comfortable on stage at all. Not as good as usual
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I love Ruby Turner, so I would have liked to see her, but I agree that Duffy looks very uncomfortable on stage, I noticed that when she sang on Come Dancing, although I wasn't sure If it was because the girl dancer was so good no one wanted to look at Duffy, but whenever the camera was on her she looked very bemused.I think the best thing about Jules shows are the new talent he has on there, I've seen loads of artists in the past I like now, like Nicole Atkins, Seasick Steve and more, so I hope he keeps showcasing new talent, its what hes known for IMO
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
I love Ruby Turner, so I would have liked to see her, but I agree that Duffy looks very uncomfortable on stage, I noticed that when she sang on Come Dancing, although I wasn't sure If it was because the girl dancer was so good no one wanted to look at Duffy, but whenever the camera was on her she looked very bemused.I think the best thing about Jules shows are the new talent he has on there, I've seen loads of artists in the past I like now, like Nicole Atkins, Seasick Steve and more, so I hope he keeps showcasing new talent, its what hes known for IMO
Ruby was brilliant. What a cracking voice she has. I agree Jools does wonders for new talent. I bough OH Seasick Steve's cd for Christmas and it's fab
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >