register for free

Dog News

60 emaciated hounds rescued from Alabama dog-fighting ring

Roughly 60 emaciated dogs in in Alabama thought to be made to fight with hogs as part of a sick gambling game were rescued on Monday from a residence.
The Cottonwood Police Department got a search warrant for the property where they found the severely abused dogs requiring immediate rescue and where they also discovered illegal drugs and firearms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ling-game.html

Your comments and views:
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Why are some people so cruel.
alice0675
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-01-2015, 09:48 AM
How very very sad
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2015, 10:56 AM
Thats awful, what sick people there are in this world. Those poor dogs, I do hope they find decent homes at the end of it all and nothing bad happens to them.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Alabama, an adjacent state. Right next to GA, where I live. Full of country people who place no value in dogs. Very common where my extended family lives, as well. I've seen a ton of it. Cruel, but far too prominent for many people to care. Glad they saved these dogs.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Poor babies, I love Dogos and a healthy adult can be upwards of 100lbs...shows how badly these pups have been starved. Wish I could take in every one.

Makes you mad all over again too. The human monsters behind this will get put away...Vick could've gotten ten years but being a mediocre ball player earns you a slap on the wrist.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Vick is horrible now, he was better then but yes... still not a star. Eye candy to the NFL (he's hideously ugly so not like that) because he introduced a new style of QB play (which has failed since nearly every QB that mimics this that is drafted turns out to be Tim Tebow and Johnny Manziel) and got everyone's panties in a bunch.

When he did that, we dropped him like a hot potato and never looked back. Good for the Falcons (they suck BTW). I think Vick got Karma in a true way. Turned bankrupt, lost any hope of being a star player, and is now plagued with injuries and backs up Geno Smith, one of the worst starting QB's in the entire league.

He also never smiles anymore, so I think despite his jail time being only 23 months (and that was for bankrolling the events, not hurting the dogs, let's get real here) I think he has suffered long and hard because of that.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2015, 06:37 PM
No he never hurt the dogs, he paid some other lowlifes to do it for him
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 06:43 PM
Wrong, he was accused of and proven to have personally electrocuted, shot, beaten, drowned, and starved his own losing dogs to death, as well. He participated in the fights, it was how he grew up and he "handled" many of his losing dogs himself.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2015, 06:47 PM
you said '....and that was for bankrolling the events, not hurting the dogs, let's get real here...' so which is correct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top