View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 04:02 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about Heidi. It's not silly at all to be upset. You have given her a wonderful life full of love and she loves you back.

Everyone is here to support you I hope it helps.
kez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm an emotional wreck most of the time anyway but im bursting into tears every 5 mins! Heidi looks so well today, more like her old self, very bright eyed and bushy tailed and begging for treats as usual! its hard to believe there is anything wrong at all. She is sleeping on the bed with me at the mo and we had a lovely long lie in today!
kez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks so much Brandysnap all the messages of support are really helping.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Hi Kez and welcome to Dogweb

I guess when you return to the vet he will do a biopsy to see if the tumour is benign or malignant...he will then decide what is best treatment.
You are bound to be upset when your little dog is ill, (hug) it is nothing to be ashamed of, after all many of us have a dog for as long as we have a child and invest almost as much love and care in them so being upset is natural.
Yes neutering is thought to considerably decrease the risk of mammary tumors and of course it stops the dreaded womb infection pyometra and false pregnancies.

Come back and tell us how you get on at the vets won't you.
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Am so sorry to hear the news of little Heidi! We are always here no matter what time of day! There is always someone online! Keep us informed as to how she gets on at vets!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi Kez

I know exactly how you feel...

My mum bought me a little Yorkie when I was about 11 or so and I had her right up to my early 20's...We grew up together, she was my little side kick...I still miss her to this day

We never had her spayed either because back then I was a kid and well I didn't know and the vets never told my mum till it was to late With my little dog she didn't get any 'sores' like you explain but she did get a couple lumps the vet said they wouldn't operate on her either (she was about 10, but I'm not sure...But I guess she was considered to little and to old to safely anesthatize?) They were very slow progressing but eventually they did and we lost her and I have to say she was bright as a button the whole time mostly, bless her, she was so brave...The last week was extremely hard though and one of the most upset times in my life so far...If I think about it I can still get tears now

The thing that upset me most was apart from that she was so fit and healthy, she showed no signs of age, no stiff joints, ran about like a puppy still, if only we had of had her spayed she would have had a long time left and I beat myself up over that alot

I hope your little one is ok...but please don't feel silly for feeling the way you do because it's only natural. Keep coming back to the board for lots of advice and a chat when you need it and take care give your little dog a hug from me, I bet she is a real cutie

*hugs* and best wishes

XX
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2005, 09:41 PM
hi kez
my old boxer dog had mammary cancer as well
i found a small lump one day beside her nipple took her to the vets and it was diagnosed as cancer
she had the op but she then got it on other side she had a full mammary strip in the 2nd op
sadly it came back a 3rd time this time it was in her lymph glands so nothing could be done for her
she lived a full and happy life for another 12 month
as mys said before if only we had known then that speying stopped this terrible disease we too would also have gotten her speyed
i hope your wee dog is ok give her a hug from me
kez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks to Myschievous and Geordieboxerlover for taking the time to reply to me. Everyone has been so lovely with all their words of comfort and support in this very difficult time, all i can do now is spoil her (even more!) and make her as comfortable as possible. she has been yapping most of the evening due to the fireworks going off every 5 minutes! She is a very special little girl who attracts attention everywhere she goes! The usual comments are from children saying "oh look at that tiny puppy!" until i explain she is almost 13! she is snoring away quite happily in her bed at the mo!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Aww Bless her, she sounds like a right little character just like my girl was...Hope you stick around on DW
kez
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2005, 02:02 PM
She certainly is a right character, very cheeky and stubborn too! Im trying to keep the ulcer clean so ive cut a tube from an old stocking of mine and covered the ulcer in savlon after bathing it, she doesn't seem to mind too much anyway. I just had a peek at your website, your two dogs are absolutely stunning very 'wolf like'! i'd never heard of the breed Northern inuit before, similar to the husky? I hope to stick around on dogweb as the support ive had from readers so far has really been helping.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >