Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:34 PM

Weather to go or not ??!!

I have just come back from the afternoon dog walk having been caught in the most amazingly painful hailstone storm!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG! I was a long way from home and there was no shelter across the fields. Only one of the dogs noticed what was going on!!! Thunder came afterwards and then the rain and typically the sun as I arrived at my back door!!!

Have any of you lot been caught in this weird weather system recently?
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Most days! go out all wrapped up, then the sun comes out. take it all off, then it rains again!
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Yup, walked this morning in the rain. Looked down, to what looked like a drowned rat and thought - best go home. Get to my door and the rain has pretty much gone....hmmm
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Yes, but I have to say I really don't care very much....

Walking my boy gives me such pleasure - even soaking wet!

I was so drenched the other day, my eyes were full of rain and I was almost blind.......
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2012, 02:47 PM
We have hail and thunder claps one side of the house and sunshine the other
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Got wet on our walk today too and it's been fairly ok from the moment we hit the front door to come home .

Wet me, wet hubby, wet dog, but still enjoyed the walk.

Fortunately, we have lots of shelters with seats along the prom so we tend to take refuge in one of those if it gets very heavy - one of the benefits of coastal living
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I love rubbish weather walks - it's the pj's, dressing gown, wrapping my hair in a towel, duvet on the sofa and a hot chocolate that I look forward too and on really crappy days - all that but in my bed
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I love rubbish weather walks - it's the pj's, dressing gown, wrapping my hair in a towel, duvet on the sofa and a hot chocolate that I look forward too and on really crappy days - all that but in my bed
...and no fair weather walkers. I've come to like walking in the rain quite considerably.

I never know how to dress at this time of the year. It is too hot for a raincoat yet it chucks down on and off all day, umbrellas are totally impractical, wearing just a shirt or fleece is impractical as you will get soaked...gah!
Bella2012
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-04-2012, 03:46 PM
We got caught the other day- too far from home and no shelter and yes ouch with the hail stones! Today I was lucky, bitterly cold on the field and only drizzle , thick jumper and coat on then out came the sun and roasting I am lucky Bella loves water so doesn't fuss her
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Managed with just a hoody and trainers today, was spitting on and off but managed to avoid the worst of it. Started belting down as soon as we got to the car. Not that the dogs mind, they spent most of the time chucking themselves in and out of the resevoir
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >