View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 09:24 AM

How many Dogsey dogs have had upset stomach recently?

I was just wondering how many of your dogs on here have had upset stomach in the last few weeks?
Jenny started with vomiting and diarrhoea but she didn't appear to be unwell otherwise...just a bit off her food but she would eat chicken!! She's ok now and back on normal food.
Then Bessie started vomiting and loose stools. We thought it was her pancreatits flaring up again but she's too well for that and still wants to eat so I'm guessing it's a bug.
Then Danny had diarrhoea last night but he to seems fine otherwise and willing to eat.
When I got up this morning as Guinness needed to go out, I trod in a big load of diarrhoea!!! In bare feet!! That'll teach me not to put the light on in the kitchen!!
I don't know who did it but I'm guessing it's Bessie as the others have had normal stools this morning.
Has anyone else had stomach upsets with their little furry ones?
I've heard a few other people say their dogs are unwell with a bug too.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Neither of my two have any issues.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-12-2010, 10:18 AM
None of my rabble have had anything either.
Eddie'smum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Eds has had an upset stomach, very loose stools, and he had an accident in the house (which is unheard of!). I was recommended to give him some rice by a forum member and he is now fine thank goodness!
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Yep Darwin was really explosive shall i put it and was sick a few times Was just about to take him to the vets and he was ok again. He had the runs for 4 days. My foster has loose stools at the minute too and has left us a present on the mat in the morning a couple of times,he must be getting into the spirit of xmas giving!!!!!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Three of my five have had diarrhoea which just wouldn't clear up despite chicken and rice for days . had to take them to the vet eventually and they are now ok
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 05:11 PM
have you had snow?

last year bruno was violently ill - both ends one night in the house and in 7 yrs he has never soiled the house no matter how desperate.
I rushed him to the vets thinking he was dangerously ill, and after numerous tests that showed him to be in perfect health, I can only put it down to him eating too much snow !!! or gross melted snow water
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Shady 2-3 weeks ago went off her food and was a bit sick then a couple of days later the sickness stopped and she had dire rear, she was ill for about a week although seemed ok in herself otherwise.
Kyiro has been off his food the last couple of days but so far no sickness or dire rear. He has eaten a little tonight but this morning wouldn't even go near his food bowl. He seems otherwise well in himself.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Yes, both of my dogs have been ill over the past week! Georgie threw up Sunday lunch last week, then refused to eat breakfast on Monday, when Zena felt sick too, she wouldn't eat either She did a couple of porridgy type poo's inbetween normal hard ones over a couple of days, but Georgie kept doing normal ones. All in all, it went on for the best part of last week, and it wasn't until about Thursday that there was a complete turnaround, no sickness, ravishingly hungry and no sloppy poo! I would add that this is the first time for a whole YEAR that either of them have been sick or sloppy poo'd.

I wonder if it is the snow, coz we had snow on our lawn and out and about right up to Friday last week?
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2010, 06:03 PM
There certainly seems to be a lot of it about at the moment. Bessie stil got it but not had any today so I'm hoping she'll be ok. Has had some white fish and probiotic yoghurt so will see how she goes. Probably vets tomorrow I think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >