Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 08:47 PM

Good news, bad news. Sad and Happy

Well did anyone read this in the paper or hear it on the news. A chap was given a terminal diagnosis, he was told he had Pancratic cancer and given max 12 months to live he was 62 then I think. He gave up his job, stopped paying his mortgage and spent time with his wife and family treating the in ways he could not have afford other than spending his life savings. He would not go abroad as he wanted needed to be near to his local hospital. He was worried.
A year later he went back to the hospital/Doctor and was told he actually had Pancrititis a non life threatening disease and totaly treatable. He is suing the hospital.

It says in the paper his advice to us all is to always get a 2nd opnion
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 08:53 PM
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 08:54 PM
oh thats awful isn't it. poor man, think i'd be sueing too!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 09:59 PM
That is so sad
My mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a couple of years ago, and although they said there was only a 2% survival rate.. she is doing fine
They performed a "Whipple" which means they took away the tail of the pancreas, this has effected her diet and is now diabetic.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2007, 10:05 PM
I know where he's coming from on that, but hey he's alive and got a 2nd chance so to speak. S*d what's happened before I say
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 07:40 AM
All that grief they family must have gone through counting the days!!! thats awful... I would sue the dr!!!

Alex
xx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 12:31 PM
I read it Kazz because it is quite local to me (remind me not to attend that hospital)
I can not imagine the stress and hopeless dispair him and his family must have felt. It is quite the most appalling thing I can imagine ever happening.
Ok , yes he is still alive and now has a life ahead of him to lead normally, but for this to happen and then to be glibly told he had been given the wrong diagnosis is just dreadful.
I also wonder if there was someone with pancreatic cancer who was told they were ok because this man was told he had it and not them