View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wish
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Oh my, crying buckets, I adore deers, i'm so very sorry, you did everything you could, thank you.

Rest your head in peace little deerxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Only just caught up with this thread Mys . How brave of you to try so hard for this little deer, and so sad that there wasn't a good ending. Big hug hon xox
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh mys,

You certainly did the right thing, at least she went peacefully, even if you don't feel she was ready to go. She'd have never managed out in the forest if her leg didn't work properly and she wouldn't have been happy in captivity.

Kody did what dogs do, and you should be so impressed he came away. When we found a dying rabbit (looked like another predator had got it) Takara sniffed it, rolled it over and when it moved, she killed it and ate it.
It's what animals do, and no matter how much they are our pets, they are still animals with instincts.

Well done for saving her from dying a slow and cold death alone - I can completely understand your sadness though you're bound to get attached.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Aw Thank you Shaza, Wish and Vicki. We certainly wont forget that pretty little deer.

Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Oh mys,

You certainly did the right thing, at least she went peacefully, even if you don't feel she was ready to go. She'd have never managed out in the forest if her leg didn't work properly and she wouldn't have been happy in captivity.

Kody did what dogs do, and you should be so impressed he came away. When we found a dying rabbit (looked like another predator had got it) Takara sniffed it, rolled it over and when it moved, she killed it and ate it.
It's what animals do, and no matter how much they are our pets, they are still animals with instincts.

Well done for saving her from dying a slow and cold death alone - I can completely understand your sadness though you're bound to get attached.
Thanks too Lottie I know the lil man (Kody) was just acting on instinct...I think I'm just so aware of having them behave so good especially while all the talk of bad dogs goes on in the press and I was a bit at him and me being me started to over anylise, would he had still done that if say it was another dog laying injured or person - do they know the difference etc etc but you are right as well as the other people who replied saying that he came away instantly when told, so regardless my command over ruled his instinct and I was in control and that was the most important thing so I'm very thankful for that. Also very impressed with Keena who just play bowed and barked
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3