p.s i LOVE his name!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks!!!

yeah - his name grew on me i have to say - even though i picked it

we just called him tuscan because it was easiest lol - was gonna be mr T

now he just gets tusk or several other names i wont post here (when he's being a bu**er)
Nikki_and_Brodi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-01-2007, 11:50 AM
he;s a gorg boy! i'm sure i've seen him on NewRider too ?
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Hes lovely. I used to ride race horses when i was 16
Ex racers.... are you mad? LOL
Their so fragile though aren't they. You have to wrap them up in cotton wool. Not like these cobs. Stick them out in all weathers and feed them next to nothing.
I bet hes a interesting ride. They do like to hit abit of turf and bunny hop!! I've fell of a few of them in the past.
I hope he makes a full recovery with his tendon damage. It takes 6 months for treatment & another 18 months to recover. Tendons are a real pain in the bum!! I bet he's like a time bomb about to explode.
hes a very lucky boy to have such a caring mum. Hope he recovers quickly. Give a pat from me
Julie X
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 12:29 PM
yeah i am on new rider

tuscan dream is my user name lol!!!

yeah i am mental - but i love him!!!! in march its been 12 months since he did it -

got the farrier this afternoon, should be intresting - hes normally a pillock and im not in the best of moods (read thread on millie in general dog chat) so you may hear me yelling at him wherever you are in the country!!!!!

id have another ex racer 2morow if i had the money - im witing for tuscan flyer to comeinto retirement!!! lol!!!!
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Beautiful horse. It's been so long since I've ridden, all the memories of falling of, holding on for dear life as the horse does what it wants...
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 02:27 PM
My last horse was an ex racer. Unfortunately had to part with him but I miss that horse. I know where he is though and he's spoilt rotton.
He was in the Grand National Twice and I was told at one was joint favourite but I never really looked into it.
He was such a lovely boy. He would only come to me though, the little monkey. Training was slow and especially jumping. Natural fences were fine but as for show jumps. We spent a few weeks doing training poles and small jumps which he would jump at 5 foot. He was so loyal though and put all his trust in you.
The joke was he cost a £100. The alternative was the slaughterman. There was not a lot wrong with him. He just couldn't hard race again. But hacking out and jumping, he was fine. A special little man.
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Hes lovely Megan!
I think thats why i prefer to teach. I like to keep my feet firmly on the floor these days
I LOVE teaching & i LOVE watching people ride. One thing i love about thoroughbreds is their eyes. You can see deep into their souls through them. They have such a hard life. Its so nice to see them brought on in loving homes
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Jules1 View Post
Hes lovely Megan!
I think thats why i prefer to teach. I like to keep my feet firmly on the floor these days
I LOVE teaching & i LOVE watching people ride. One thing i love about thoroughbreds is their eyes. You can see deep into their souls through them. They have such a hard life. Its so nice to see them brought on in loving homes
Thanks Jules. He was a sweetheart. Most of my time spent on the dogs now though, so doubt I'll have another horse. Takes up too much time
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2007, 02:55 PM
lovely horse!!

your welcome to muck out mine anyday!!

he was ace for the farrier today (tuscan) and im very proud of him - farrier thinks im derranged cos one thing has cheered me up today - him behaving himself lol!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2