Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 08:31 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 25th, February, 2021

Good morning all, Hope you are and your four legged friends all in fine fetal. Have a good day, take it easy today and above all stay safe and well

Actually went out yesterday to the opticians, another £294 and that is for the lenses only put into my last years frames! My cataract has grown and will need to be removed once the hospitals are accepting that type of operation. I knew my sight had got much worse. Have a good day all. God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 09:14 AM
Good morning all.

Looks a very promising morning for our walk.

Kelly, you are being a bit hard on mum and dad. All these apps and things are pretty alien to us oldies . I have an Alexa. It reminds me when to take our meds and when to put the bin out. That's it. Had a guy to set up the camera to Gary's flat. Dave set up the old one, but as we get older, these things get beyond us as technology - far from making things simpler - gets more complicated every time we get something new. I have a tablet that has been allotted to playing scrabble . I find it cumbersome to use an on screen keyboard. The older we get, the more all this tech seem a hassle.

I need to book with the opticians. I'll wait now until I've had the second jab. Reading is getting harder and if I wasn't a touch typist I'd have given up now with typing online.

Old age sucks
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 09:47 AM
Chris... honestly, I am not.....you and Dave at least try....mum and dad don't! Mum has never tried a smartphone, we have got her 3 now...this time, she has the SIM card to swap but that's been sat there for 4weeks...I am buying a couple of wireless cameras that work with Alexa and I am done! I was so Ill the last couple of weeks it worried me that they wouldn't cope and with the issues next door.....well, it really concerned me so I am making sure they have what they need and hopefully the police will help
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 10:25 AM
Chris you are so right. Old age sucks. As you say if you were not a touch typist you wouldn't bother, I am the same. My driving licence needs renewing in May and the car's MOT runs out then as well but as I shall require yet another eye test with SpecSavers to get my licence renewed I am not sure whether to bother to renew it all. Might be cheaper to use a taxi on the few occasions I need to go out.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 11:00 AM
Morning all. Moyra I got rid of my car when I lost my lovely Tyto. I only ever used it very very occasionally to go into another town. It was kept mainly for him when he was poorly. Yes the money you save on not having it does pay for taxis and you have your mobiity scooter I think? The exercise from walking for me is lovely. Build it up gradually for yourself and you will feel the benefit.
Lovely here at the moment. Not cold at all. Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-02-2021, 11:07 AM
Morning everyone here and those still to follow.
Started off wet underfoot but drying out nicely now and a warmish pleasant bright day.
Gorden is going to set the Peugeot up for Dillon in the back later and we will go for a spin somewhere. Top up I would think not Summer yet.

griff I see this from both sides. I wonder if mum and dad are a bit worried about breaking the things you have set up, I know when I have a new lap top or something technical it takes me ages now to get my confidence up to use as it should be used and even then I am sure I do not use things to the capacity that they are meant to be used.
Or maybe they do not want to be brought into the 21st century and are happy with what they have and know.
I get your worry over them though and it is nice what you are trying to do.

You might feel differently in May Moyra when things are hopefully improving for us all, and if not I guess at some point we all have to re-think our life and situations.

Take care everyone and stay safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 11:24 AM
Good morning everyone

You have done your best Kelly but unfortunately you cannot make someone learn something different. Fortunately I am different and will give most things a go even if I end up having to get one of my sons to sort it for me

Cataracts is an easy op Mpyra and seems to be very successful not that I would look forward to having it done but needs must

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, been to the post office and chemist and then home to clean my car inside and out.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-02-2021, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I guess at some point we all have to re-think our life and situations.

Wise words Lynn

For example, I know I won't be needing to renew to renew my drivers licence ever again
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 01:32 PM
Harvey.....love you xx
Well Alexa has to go!! Another 50 quid down the drain, I will take it into my bedroom and have it there and nstead, I have talked my brother into downloading the CCTV app so hopefully he will be able to help if required
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2021, 02:16 PM
Brenda, you are right I have been thinking about giving up driving for ages but it was always in case Amber needed the vet that I kept it on, also I am attached to the car because I bought if from my cousin before he died of leukaemia. So it's got a lot of sentimental feelings attached to it. It's a lovely little car, starts first time every time. But I ought to sell her while she still has some MOT left on her.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >