Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 03:48 PM

One of my old hobbies

These are some old photos I used to take/edit/whatever. Ever since Brownie died, I haven't had the passion for any photography.

Haven't even bothered to get a decent camera. He was always with me when I took any photos and I guess it's just not the same without him...

Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Truly amazing photos ,your very talented lady ,possible career in photography there maybe ????
Absolutely love the flower and bee
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Thanks a lot for the nice comment. Sadly, I no longer enjoy photography. It's just not the same without my old dog around.

All of these photos are ages old and were taken with a camera(s) that broke ages ago.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Myra,are you kidding me? These are brilliant You are gifted,be a shame to waste it.Who knows were it could lead..be lovely thing to take back up in memory of Brownie,don't you think?(( hugs))
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 04:15 PM
Thanks Lacey. You're right. It would be a good way to remember all the fun I had with my old buddy. I haven't done any photography in ages.

I use this very, very old... and truly deplorable camera now that I'd have NEVER used when Brownie was alive because I loved taking photos so much.

I don't enjoy photography anymore enough to really care. When I think of the fact that Brownie will never be in another photo I take, I just stop caring.

I LOVE my two dogs now, but Brownie was the only thing linking me to photography. Hate feeling that way, but I can't help it.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Understandable.Really hope that changes though and somehow the association between the two can become a positive one.I so,wish I could take photo's like that.In total awe of people who can.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-01-2014, 05:25 PM
They are wonderful photos Myra - I do wish you were able to get another good camera and that your mojo would come back.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 06:08 PM
But you do take lots of pics of the dogs you have now - and videos too. Seems more like you don't get 'out and about' outside so much since then? None of those pics feature Brownie do they?

A good pic is a good pic even taken on a crap camera. I used to take pics of sunrises when lucky enough to live on the edge of Mounts Bay with the crappiest camera. I look at them now and wish I'd had even the cam on my phone I have these days! Still love them tho.

I take pics down at the Salt Lake every day - dunno why as the scenery isn't going to change down there! But just SEEING it every time makes me want to get my camera out.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Thanks, everyone. Lacey made a good point, but I just am no longer interested in photography. This site does help me keep taking photos of at least my dogs, something else I have to thank this site for.

Tang, over half of those photos are taken in my own yard right in front of my house. Most of them probably, actually. Which is what my point was entirely. I still take photos of my dogs, and myself... and sometimes family.

I just am not into "real" photography anymore at all. Scenery, nature, all that. Brownie was not in any of the photos, but he was always with me (somewhere) when I took them.

I first got into photography when we went to visit a new park and it was so pretty that I took photos of the entire area.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Well with my new camera, I have been trying to get some photography going back on. Can't really work the camera yet, and photos are mostly garbage so far... but I'm getting better and working on it. Thought I'd post some new ones.

Our rose, I heart this flower soooooo much right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >