Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Ex Battery Hens

My mum is looking for a few chickens for in her garden, we have been looking at ones for sale but we wouldn't mind rescuing a few ex battery hens, does anyone know where we might be able to get some in Shropshire?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
My mum is looking for a few chickens for in her garden, we have been looking at ones for sale but we wouldn't mind rescuing a few ex battery hens, does anyone know where we might be able to get some in Shropshire?
Of you google ex battery hens....it will list the nearest site to you hun.

We have 8 now and such lovely girls they are too, Im getting 6-8 eggs daily
whiley
New Member!
Female 

24-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Have a look on the BHWT website, there is a list of organiser's throughout the country. Although i do have chickens I don't have any ex-batt's but I hear they are very rewarding
MXG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Our girls are ex batts and are great egg layers and pets. Once they start to grow back their feathers you just wouldn't know, the natural instincts kick in straight away, ours were dust bathing within minutes of being in their new home. They came from www.free-at-last.org.uk , but they are Bedfordshire based so probably too far for you!! Good luck with your search.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Second what Whiley said about BHWT - wonderful charity (where our girls are from) and they have a Shropshire coordinator for you to get in touch with!