Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 10:23 PM

A strange question!

Walking my two Dallies, one of which is black spotted the other liver spotted, I was stopped by a gentleman who was admiring the dogs.
Then he asked me, "why has one got black spots and the other brown?"
If I'd been quicker and in less of a mellow mood, I might have said "why is grass green and your hair black?" instead of looking dumbstruck and muttering about how this is how they come.
I bet Rose doesn't get this when she walks her black and chocolate labs together! Any suggestions for a witty reply should the occasion arise again, please tell me!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 10:31 PM
that one eats too much chocolate
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Say OMG REALLY? I'm so glad you noticed! and have a look of shock on your face, .

Or say you wash one in Daz and the other in Bold.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Someone asks why are they different colours, they might not know dalmations come in different colours and seems from what you are saying they are just showing an interest so why the need to say something sarcastic?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Someone asks why are they different colours, they might not know dalmations come in different colours and seems from what you are saying they are just showing an interest so why the need to say something sarcastic?
If your like me Gill you probably get fed up of explaining no there welshies.....no they dont come n black and white............no they arent born in wales and the best whats it crossed with
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
If your like me Gill you probably get fed up of explaining no there welshies.....no they dont come n black and white............no they arent born in wales and the best whats it crossed with
I can understand that, but its also the case they are asking questions which cant be a bad thing, especially when a lot of peoples bug bear(me included) is people who dont ask questions.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I think some of the time its how they ask. I've had people assume there crosses and there walking there pedigrees and they can get a bit condesending (not for long I might add)
ps I love your avatar stormey
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-04-2008, 11:20 PM
I always take it as an opportunity to educate the GP by the time i have finished the stupid questions are long gone lol.. Like stormey i hate wow thats a horse bet it eats loads.. now if they asked i can spare the time of day it promotes the breed (or in my case ruins the breed ideal lol)
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
I think some of the time its how they ask. I've had people assume there crosses and there walking there pedigrees and they can get a bit condesending (not for long I might add)
ps I love your avatar stormey
I agree, some people seem to have the wrong tone, while some do seem just to shown an interest, I dont mind talking about labs to anyone though, even people who ask are chocs rare.

Thanks you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2008, 05:52 AM
I've been asked (more often than you would think) if Lennon is a fox - ok, generally by children - so I say "yes" to them.
TBH, I don't know what else you can say except "this is how they come" - to me, it seemed to be a bit of a daft question in the first place. A bit like "why amd I white, and Eddie Murphy is dark brown?".....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >