Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2017, 04:00 PM

Gtech petrol leaf blower problem found

I have had this little wonder for some years and used it last autumn. So easy to start only being 24cc petrol blower only.
Well yesterday i tried using it to blow bits of the front drive and it kept cutting out most strange. So tried again and it ran for a bit then cut out each time. having a little bit of know how on petrol engines i knew it couldn't be on the electrical side.
My first thoughts was a blockage in the fuel line so took the machine apart for a look see.

had a bit of a surprise when I found this after removing cover and fuel tank. the other broken ends were loose in the tank

Both the plastic tubes had burnt through. one feeding the choke control and the other to the engine

So ordered new ones and extra length as spare , supposed to be delivered tomorrow. Then just got to cut to length fit the filter and reassemble.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-05-2017, 01:03 PM
Ok final update. I ordered from amazon a pack of 4 fuel pipes sizes for my machine and lucky I did. On fitting I hadn't spotted that the machine had 2 different sizes larger one for the engine and smaller one for the carb. Although they had almost the same size bore hole the engine fuel line was thicker.

Bit of a problem getting one of them through the fuel tank rubber seal grommet and had to open it out a small bit. That was the longest part of the job.
Just did a test run with it and works ok
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2017, 03:26 PM
well done tumbleweed