Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2017, 06:21 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 17th May

Morning all
I've popped on to say Eileen hope the princess goes on ok today and I'm sorry that she's not well. ((Hugs))
Griff I hope you are ok today too

My mum in law got rushed to hospital Tuesday late night, so I was sorting Billy and all sorts yesterday, then work so I was shattered last night, today I'm going to work till dinner then taking some stuff to Jean. She's crushed discs at the bottom of her back, she's been moved to the spinal unit, so will see what's going off today.

I hope everyone has a good day
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2017, 06:44 AM
Good morning all, peeing down with rain here. Steve up on that bloody tank until 3am this morning. I cannot sleep when he is sodding around like that. The lounge is in even a worse state this morning. He really is taking the pi$$.

Eileen so sorry to hear about our little Princess Lacey, hope she is much better this morning. If not hope the vet can help.

Griff, I so feel for you. what a rotten individual he is. Fancy doing that to you. Keep your chin up, at least your Mum will get your money back but it is the action he has taken that is so cruel.

Mandy, so sorry about your m.i.l. and hope that Jean gets some relief to her spinal problems in the unit.

Lynn, hope all is well with you and Dillon. Anything settled for Mark yet? Glad Joel has put his mother straight on what will happen when he leaves school.

June, hope your back is easier this morning and all the girls are well. Hopefully the vet will sort Lona out tomorrow and he will be pleased with Cariad's progress, she is a wonder dog.

Harvey, hope your back is holding up ok and Casey and Lara are fine.
Besoeker hope you and Max are fine looks like a wet walk today!

Have a good day all stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Morning Mandy, Moyra and all who follow.

Wet here to Moyra.
Mandy very sorry to hear about your MIL wishing her well soon and that you get a rest.
Eileen hoping Lacey has improved overnight.
griff remember we are all here for you. The mans an eejit and I know it's hard to hear but you are better off without him and he doesn't deserve someone like you. Hugs. X

Dillon ok thank you Moyra he seems to have a limp not sure if it is to do with elbows or the distal rotation on the back paw and thinning of pads making the front leg limp. Not walking as far as usual but still going out for walks and getting up to some mischief. Plus eating fine.
All to be expected with the joint issues and the fact he is now turned 51/2.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Good morning all.
Rainy here too but not as bad as it was at 05:00.
Haircut day today for both my wife and myself. A new experience for Max. He will go in with us and I expect he will just lie there patiently. He does that when we have a pub lunch. You wouldn't know he was there.

We try to give him new experiences. So far, he has taken them in his stride. The biggest surprise for me was the lift/elevator. We thought that might have been a challenge. Not a bit of it. He was in before we were.
There will be people coming and going, hair washing, dryers going......

School report later.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Mandy, oh gosh...hope your MIL will be o.k?? sounds painful. Don't you go over doing things with your hip
Moyra, i think you need to tell Steve that he will have to stop at a decent time as it is affecting you
Awww Lynn, sorry to hear Dillon has a limp...did you make it back up to the paddock again and was he any happier??
Besoeker, i am sure Max will love his day out
Lacey...i hope the princess is much improved this morning
Thanks for all the support, just trying to work out why the heck i keep getting awful things happen to me..there must be a reason but i don't know what it is
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Good morning everyone

Do hope your MIL is feeling better today Mandy but you take it easy too.

Hoping Lacey is better today Eileen. My last Afghan went completely off her legs. She could turn over as she preferred to lay on one side but other than that nothing. An MRI showed nothing up but after two days she was back on her feet and within 5 days you wouldn't have known what she had been like. Hugs to you both

I do think Steve takes you for granted Moyra. He is very fond of telling you what to do but won't think of you. Lay down the law with a firm hand it is your place after all.

Griff take it easy on yourself. You have plenty of people who you can turn to and even us here will listen to you rant away. Its his loss not yours and he doesn't warrant any thought from you. Once you have your money back you can wave goodbye and tell him where to go

Hope Dillon's limp is better today Lynn.

Sunshine and showers here. Managed to get her ladyship out without getting wet and then thought I would clean the downstairs windows. Big mistake it rained

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Griff, I think some of us are destined to have a rough life full of ups and downs and maybe that is why so many of us on this thread have the empathy with each other. Do look after yourself. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Good morning all.
Rainy here too but not as bad as it was at 05:00.
Haircut day today for both my wife and myself. A new experience for Max. He will go in with us and I expect he will just lie there patiently. He does that when we have a pub lunch. You wouldn't know he was there.

We try to give him new experiences. So far, he has taken them in his stride. The biggest surprise for me was the lift/elevator. We thought that might have been a challenge. Not a bit of it. He was in before we were.
There will be people coming and going, hair washing, dryers going......

School report later.
I love your updates on Max's progress.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2017, 09:33 AM
Morning everyone heavy rain here this morning, off out with a friend aout 4ish for a meal.

Mandy hope your MIL is feeling better toda, why was she rushed in did she fall or something? but you take it easy too you can't take care of everyone unless you are okay.

Figers crossed that Lacey is a bit better today Eileen.

Moyra I shall not say anything other than I think Steve is too big for his boots, can he not get a place of his own then he can be up as late as he likes?

Griff you have been honest throughout with Steve he obviously cannot do that even now. You have in effect hitched your star to his wagon with the money; he can't or won't borrow the money from somewhere to let you both move on. But its his life whatever he chooses to do. You are not over him because he gets under your skin, you need the distance your Mom dealing with the moey brings and ask your Mom not to tell you anything
about him. You cannot turn off feelings.

Lynn Hope Dillon's limp eases as the day goes on.

I am getting cabin fever being stuck in daytime tv - AGGGHHHHH - walking is okay but cannot go to far at the moment get shattered easily. Ordered some more books from amazon. Also going to start looking with some seriousness at my getting a camper van or just a van and planning my travels around the UK coastline and the UK in general.

Have a good day all. Can't see me going far in this weather until later. FREEDOM
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-05-2017, 09:42 AM
Hi griff not been back to the paddock we did try the other day when Gorden was off but no he didn't want to go that way.
I did think he would always be wanting to pop up there as he can come off lead and have a little mooch about and sniff all the smells. But for some reason no.
He seems to prefer the woods at Shouldham or a bit further afield at brandon park.

Hope Max enjoys his hairdresser trip.

Moyra I am finding it difficult here as is Mark and he is at work most days he does get one day off over the weekend and one day in the week. It is difficult though he is respectful and mostly cheerful and we do have a laugh and some interesting chats and debates.
Nonetheless it is your home and Steve needs to respect that and even if it was both your names on the tenancy you still have to respect each other and keeping the place tidy after yourself and respectful of the time you are doing things same as in a marriage.

Kazz lovely getting a van and travelling we loved our van so did Ollie we were saying the other day we would like to get one again sure Dillon would love it.
At the moment though no pennies to save spare money needs to go on the house to get it ready to sell and also issues with drive etc., and we probably wouldn't get one down the drive onto our space as it narrows down considerably. Something to think about when we are moved.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »