Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2010, 01:07 PM

Rescued a dog

Hi

Me and my OH have been to bridlington this weekend for the annual scooter ralley, while we were walking around there was this beautifull dog but she was running around lost and across busy roads so my OH approached her and she was really friendley so we got in touch with her owners and they were reunited. Nobdody else was interested in helping this young dog so im really glad that we could help and the owners were delighted they gave us £5 for our help.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Awww thats a nice story - wish there were more like that
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Awww thats a nice story - wish there were more like that
Thanks, i wish more people would do the same in those situations but im pleased she was reunited with her owner, she was so friendly as well she was only young, wanted to bring her home.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Well done for helping this poor dog. It's a shame more people aren't willing to help a distressed animal but I suppose there's been so much press about not approaching strange dogs, that many are reluctant to even try.

At least it had a happy ending for this dog, thanks to you.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Well done for helping this poor dog. It's a shame more people aren't willing to help a distressed animal but I suppose there's been so much press about not approaching strange dogs, that many are reluctant to even try.

At least it had a happy ending for this dog, thanks to you.
I'm a sod for approaching loose dogs - if I dont see an owner - I judge body language first though
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Well done for saving this young dog from what could have been a nasty accident, if not worse Were her owners looking for her? I am glad they were relieved to have her back anyway
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2010, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I'm a sod for approaching loose dogs - if I dont see an owner - I judge body language first though
Yep, me too. But you can't blame non-doggy people for being wary, or perhaps those with small children in tow.