Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 02:52 PM

a couple of horse pics

I went to teach at the stables today & took a few pictures of the horses & Poppy the farm dog. Tried to take one of Bob & Jo our working sheep dogs but they jumped into the 4X4 to quick. I will try again next week.

This is Humphrey. Hes my bosses horse. Hes a 16.3hh dark bay & an absolute dream to ride apart from when he bronks on a hack & gallops so fast you can't stop him All good fun!!

This is Breeze. Shes a 16hh bay mare. I owe a lot to this very special horse. She helped me pass my BHS riding exams which qualified me to be a AI. She bashed her stifle getting out of our lorry at a show we took her to a few years ago. The vet said she may have to be PTS. Luckily it healed. She goes lame sometimes but shes ok to lightly ride. Shes a right stroppy mare though. I love her to bits. :smt008

This is Zara. Shes just turned 2 & a right little s*d! When you lead her intothe field she just bucks for no reason
Typical naughty youngster. Shes a lovely pony

This is twinkle. Shes great!. Shes only 13.3hh but she can't move like a horse. She has no breaks
Please excuse her very moody face. I don't think she appreciated her picture being taken this morning

Last of all. This is our very ferocious farm dog JRT Poppy. Shes a lovely little dog. She likes to sit on my lap when i'm teaching. You can always tell when shes eaten a whole rabbit cos it looks like her sides are going to burst. We have to watch her with the chickens

Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Lovely pics Your Poppy looks a lot like my JRT Minnie
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Beautiful pictures:smt007, oh I wish I still rode
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 03:06 PM
lovely pictures
i so miss going to the yard with my youngest daughter
wish she would take up riding again
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

15-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Great pics thanks for sharing.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 03:31 PM
aww gorgeous horses and a cute little poppy
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Lovely pics, I would love to ride again but I have arthiritis in my hip so it is never going to be - I can still look at the pics though so keep 'em coming.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 09:52 PM
I love Breeze, she a cracker She reminds me a lot of my sisters horse, Ginny

Twinkle looks REALLY impressed about having his photo taken

Horses facial expression do make me laugh at times, they can be worse than kids for some of the looks they can give you
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2006, 10:30 PM
Awww your horses are beautiful - I love horses I haven't ridden now for about 19 years - doubt I would be able to mount an horse anymore I got my first horse at 19 years old - a dales cross fell called Barney and he was a right character, he was just like a big dog and didn't see why he should have to do any work at all - he wanted to follow you round and be with you but wasn't keen on the riding bit I still miss him nearly 20 years later and wonder what happened to him He would be about 27 years old now I would imagine
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Beautiful horses, gorgeous pics.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >