View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tuuli
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Awww, love that pic with the borderterrier!

Here's my team from this morning. The wheel dogs are my two youngest on their first ever ride! We only went about 1km (less than a mile) with them after running the others for about 5km (c. 3 miles). Both did excellent work and were yelling to go forward and pulling like mad when stopped!!

Bluesandtwos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Fantastic pic keep saying i will do a husky-cam one of these days...maybe sunday
bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-10-2006, 03:34 PM
That would be great to see
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
I was always under the impressions scooters needed a permit as they are "fuelled" by dogs??
You do need to be careful - in England ( ) it doesn't matter what you run them on (ie scooter/rig), it is the fact you are running them in harness and getting them to pull that is the problem. If you were to take a dog on a bike with a lead clipped to its collar or with it attached to a Springer then that is fine - it is the act of making them pull you which is actually against the law (hence the need for a permit on private land). I have a permit for mine though I do sometimes take one dog out on the bike in their harness on public land but I ensure I do it in an out of the way place. You probably wouldn't get questioned for running one dog on a scooter but the possibility is there
Tuuli
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2006, 06:11 AM
A very bad pic from yesterday! Winter, at last!! :smt007 :smt026

bint
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2006, 10:16 AM
That's a great shot Tuuli,
it always looks more fun in the snow
Sarah Jane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
this might sound daft where do you apply for a permit?
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2006, 04:23 PM
That is a great photo Tuuli! I wish we had snow like that over here

Originally Posted by Sarah Jane View Post
this might sound daft where do you apply for a permit?
A lot of the permits are issued by the Forestry Commission - you can try contacting them and asking if they have any areas near you that they issue permits for
kaiblue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2006, 09:43 AM
hello!
im new, i was scouring the internet last week looking for a rig when i was directed to this chat and i was gutted that i couldnt see the pics you were talking about so ive joined so i can see too (and also so i can join in with the chat ) i cant wait to show this site to my boyfriend as we have been wanting to get into the sled dog racing world for a while now, we went to our first rally last weekend (dellamere forest night rally) and it was great kai (our husky) was watching the dogs rush by and then looking at us like "why dont you do that with me?" it was such a fantasic night the best part (as daft as this sounds) was when we found a team who had decided to lie down and chill out despite the owners best efforts to get them moving so Gaz helped by getting them all reved up and then running along side them untill he couldnt keep up any more, now i know this would be very anoying if you were racing and your dogs wouldnt move BUT for us it was very exciting and it was a kind of a "look were normal people with normal dogs too you know" and its made us even more determined to get things started!!!!
Tuuli
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by kaiblue View Post
i cant wait to show this site to my boyfriend as we have been wanting to get into the sled dog racing world for a while now
If that is the case, you'll have to get out of UK!

the best part (as daft as this sounds) was when we found a team who had decided to lie down and chill out despite the owners best efforts to get them moving so Gaz helped by getting them all reved up and then running along side them untill he couldnt keep up any more, now i know this would be very anoying if you were racing and your dogs wouldnt move
Well, you have somebody who obviously has the wrong dogs OR the wrong methods of training... Sorry, it is just NOT a good sign if a sled dog wont run. Actually, I have never met a real (so not talking about most show huskies etc) sibe that wouldnt run. Most of the time it takes a lot of work to get them to stop!
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >