Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 11:38 AM

**meet our new addition**/Rat

hi all,,

well here she is, i went with my instinct and we now have a lil ratlet called squeek on monday she will be joined my bubbles
she is very sweet little thing, quite lively but loves cuddles and the kids adore her
hope you like the pics, there are quite a few

unfortuneately,, nemo cannot be trusted at all with her, he seems to think she is dinner, kinda upsetting really as he is such a loving little thing but hes a terrier and i guess its in his nature hopefully in time he will come round and stop trying to eat her
bonnie is totally not bothered by her as we have had rats with bonnie before she lets them run all over her lol

well hope you like them will get pics of bubbles when we get her
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Awww what a little cutie she is Kimberley and soooo tame We had rats once in a large tank and Sabre was very interested in them at first but after a few weeks he didnt even give them a second glance although he was a GSD - not a terrier. Maybe it would be better to keep Nemo well away because my sister has Yorkshire Terrier crosses and they killed a guinea pig once and a hamster I don't think it is something that you will ever train him out of if its in his breeding.

I wouldn't get another ratty until you are certain she is okay because she will pass whatever she has onto another rat and you will have two sick rats then
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Awww what a little cutie she is Kimberley and soooo tame We had rats once in a large tank and Sabre was very interested in them at first but after a few weeks he didnt even give them a second glance although he was a GSD - not a terrier. Maybe it would be better to keep Nemo well away because my sister has Yorkshire Terrier crosses and they killed a guinea pig once and a hamster I don't think it is something that you will ever train him out of if its in his breeding.

I wouldn't get another ratty until you are certain she is okay because she will pass whatever she has onto another rat and you will have two sick rats then
thing is foxy, they have all come from the same place so chances are will already have it may as well pick the one we want and get them both treated

glad you like the pics
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
thing is foxy, they have all come from the same place so chances are will already have it may as well pick the one we want and get them both treated

glad you like the pics

Might be from another breeder though so the 2nd Ratty might not have it and pets at home shouldn't really carry on selling them if they are all affected. You can ask for the vet to check them before you buy them I think - well you used to be able to do unless they stopped this
Jamie.
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2006, 12:01 PM
ugh a rat!! i had heard they make great pets but but but.... better you than me?? lol hope you have hours of enjoyment from them =)
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jamie.
ugh a rat!! i had heard they make great pets but but but.... better you than me?? lol hope you have hours of enjoyment from them =)
lol jamie,, they are not everyones cup of tea, my mum hates them lol

but in all fairness they are the best rodent pet you can have,, very easy to tame, very clean and super intelligent
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Might be from another breeder though so the 2nd Ratty might not have it and pets at home shouldn't really carry on selling them if they are all affected. You can ask for the vet to check them before you buy them I think - well you used to be able to do unless they stopped this
our PAH doesnt have a vet within the store hun, but they must have a vet that deals with their animals so will ring them today and ask them

and the guy told me yest they get all the rats from the same person as he sexes them and everything for him
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
our PAH doesnt have a vet within the store hun, but they must have a vet that deals with their animals so will ring them today and ask them

and the guy told me yest they get all the rats from the same person as he sexes them and everything for him

Oh thats a shame because both the ones near us (Oldham and Ashton) have vets situated at the back of the store

Hope they sort something out for you and little Squeak
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Aww, hello little squeak. She is so pretty I'm sure nemo will get used to her in time She looks like a lovely friendly little thing. I love the photo where she is running up your girl's arm The look on her face is fantastic
I hope the noises turn out to be nothing serious

And remember to post lots more photos
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Awww! She is SOOOO cute!!! I wanted a rat when i was younger but my mum wouldn't let me have one cos she doesn't like their tails So i ended up with a bird instead!!

Do rats need huge cages? I've seen some in pet shops that are enormous, and then others that aren't much bigger than Esmarelda's cage

And we definately want more pics of her - She's gorgeous!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >