Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 08:52 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday,25th November, 2018

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all well.

Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 08:59 AM
Morning Moyra and everyone else who pops in today.

Well, packed hubby and son off on the Christmas run and me? I'm stay home nursing this rotten cold that has kept me up most of the night. Soooo annoyed by it
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Morning all

I had a super evening, good company, good food, lots of laughs, didn’t get back till after 3am this morning, thankfully O/H was asleep when I got back, and i’m feeling it this morning i’m getting old!

O/H is now talking to me, or rather complaining I didn’t ring to let him know I was gonna be late, no point cos he would have gone off on one.

Need coffee by IV today I think Doing roast pork for lunch today, all prepped and ready to go. And hopefully a quiet afternoon so I can recharge my batteries.

Chris I hope you feel better soon x
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 11:11 AM
Good morning Moyra, Chris, Sal and all who follow

Pleased you had a very enjoyable evening Sal and hopefully a quiet day to recover

Sorry you have a nasty cold Chris as I know you were looking forward to your trip.

Brightening up now. Have been down to Marks to get my SIL her birthday present - her birthday is not until February but always give it to her when we see her around Christmas as we never know when we will see her otherwise. Nothing planned today. Too wet to do anything in the garden

Hope all two and four legged are keeping well

Have a god day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2018, 11:55 AM
Afternoon Moyra, Chris, Sal, sue and all to follow.

Moyra thank goodness you got your account sorted very scary.
Chris sorry you are feeling unwell and had to miss the trip. Feel better soon.
Sal so pleased you had a good evening, don't overdo it today and enjoy lunch.
Sue enjoy your not doing much day.

We were out walking Dillon before 8 today as we had the man coming from the company who installed our windows back in Upwell visiting between 9.30 and 10. We are having two new bedroom windows, new front door stable door and they will be much more energy efficient than the ones that in now and more secure. He gave us a latch for the small top bathroom window as someone has broken the key off in it and told Gorden how to remove and fix the new one. Advised the patio door is fairly new and the quote was high for new french doors as we have a wide gap but due to the surprise at how reasonable the bedroom windows and front door will be we did consider having the patio door replaced.
We are going to live with it for a while though and see how it works for us.

Dillon had a lovely time in the park rolling about and chasing at me full pelt. Wouldn't believe he was 7 all of a sudden he stiffens up during the day but is losing weight good for his joints and loving his walks whether in the park or round the roads here.
Like us he seems to of found a new lease of life. Maybe because we are more relaxed he is to.

Cooking our first roast dinner in this home today while Gorden sorts the gate and maybe starts putting some temporary wardrobes up.
We sat last night after getting back form the garden centre and shopping The Christmas chronicles lovely film only on netflix though.
At the end there are two Bernese, then we watched Christmas with the Coopers.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Afternoon all
Sal...I am so pleased you had a wonderful time!!! And your OH must have been very concerned at you being out late without telling him....he fell asleep! I do hope you will make a regular night out with your new workmates
I have no plans for anything today... well beer later... obviously lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Evening all

Over at my Aunts this morning at 8am took her christmas tree, decs etc and a couple of large presents for my cousins grandchildren (she goes to therm every year for christmas) I got a basketball stand and ball for 18months - 5 for the youngest who is 18 months old. And a 6ft piano roll up for the older who is 5 next year there will be a new addition the 18 month old will have a baby sister a week before christmas they live in Ireland, so won't see the baby till a visit over later in the year. So excitment all round.

Home by 10 one of the reason the Blues v Villa match started at lunch and roads building up with traffic as I came home ..... while there did a flat clean and bedding change, list for what shopping she needed ordering then home to walk Gert again, got the chicken roasted nicely, hoping Mom fancies some but had roast beef yesterday so not too fussed as toast this morning and then two slices fruit cake at lunch afte a dish of soup (eating well for her at the moment) Cleaned the outside of the car too. Too wet for the garden.

Chris Think this bug is doing the rounds sorry you did not mange to get over maybe a new years visit.

Anyhow thats my day bar
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Kazz, I love those pianos...I used to run through the door at the early learning centre, run up and down it and back out...I was 21 at the time lol
Pleased your mum seems to be doing o.k
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2018, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Kazz, I love those pianos...I used to run through the door at the early learning centre, run up and down it and back out...I was 21 at the time lol
Pleased your mum seems to be doing o.k
Why do you thnk I brought it....lol