Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 07:59 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 24th November, 2018

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. Puppies too!

Have a good day all, wrap up warm and dry and above all keep safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Very chilly here again today.
We had some sad news yesterday a friend/neighbour of ours back in Harlow died Thursday he was around my age. Lovely man had bad health for a good few years of the 17 years we lived there. Him and his wife and sons use to love to throw parties, Christmas, easter Bank holidays, we spent many an enjoyable time there eating drinking and above all laughing.
He was a kind gentle soul and a big man in so many ways especially his heart.
Michael is very upset he is very good friends with all 3 sons and spent a lot of time there they always called him their 4th son. He is upset he didn't get to see him last Christmas and moved to Spain and didn't get time to visit and now he's gone.
He will be ok but very upset.
Mark, myself and Gorden are pretty upset and shocked to.
His wife, sons and grandchildren are devastated. RIP Tony.

Sal I hope you have a better day today sounds like yesterday was one for crossing off the calendar.
griff anymore exciting trips ut today ?
Kazz has the glandex turned up ? It will take a while to work but hope it helps Gert as much as it has Dillon.
Moyra hope you and Amber are ok.

We are off to a garden centre today having a break from boxes and tomorrow morning the guy from the company that put our windows in at the old house is coming over to measure and do a quote for here for two windows, (bedrooms) front door and the possibility of patio doors becoming french doors that will depend on price.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Lynn, so sorry that your old neighbour from Harlow has passed over. It gets rather scary when friends and folk you know around your own age or even younger pass over. Enjoy your visit out today.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Morning all

Lynn I'm so sorry to hear your sad news this morning.
Enjoy the trip to the garden centre, I love walking around them and at all the bits and bobs they sell.

Luke's gone to work for 8 this morning, Toms in later, I'm going food shopping with Lizzie this morning, and then touching up her hair this afternoon, her roots need doing.
Looking forward to the Christmas party this evening, it's in a hotel and a 3 course meal with a disco afterwards. Lizzie's friend is picking us up from the work later on.

O/H is barely speaking to me, most probably because I dared to accept the invite and I'm going out without him, well tough at least hes quite And he refused to eat anything at all yesterday, well saves me cooking for him and I just carry on as normal. He should know by now that it doesn't make any difference to me but he still carries on like a spoilt child I just leave him to it.

Have a good day all
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Thank you Moyra and Sal.

Sal shame on OH I know he is unwell and has had a lot of pain to deal with but making your life so miserable and sulking about you going out is not the way to be.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 11:29 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn, Sal and a who follow

Sorry you had bad news Lynn but enjoy your trip to the garden centre.

Why do they have to make life difficult for us Sal. I know he is not well but to keep taking it out on you instead of trying to help himself is not on. Enjoy the party tonight

Hope you have a good day Moyra. Keep warm

Nasty morning here it has only just stopped raining. Teazle poked her nose out, had breakfast then went back to bed. She has just surfaced to let me know it is her dinner time Have made some oat biscuits and now cooking lunch. Other than hoping to take her ladyship out this afternoon I think I will hibernate

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 01:40 PM
Lynn, sorry to hear your neighbour died
Sal, like the others, I get your oh is in pain but he shouldn't be so awful to you. Bad things happen in life...my life was ruined at 19, I lost everything, my job, my friends and left with chronic pain, then at 33 I was diagnosed with an absolutely awful illness means that I probably won't make an old age and have to undergo horrible treatments each week... you have a choice, sit and feel sorry for yourself or adapt and make the most of it. I am not saying i am a saint... quite the opposite but I do appreciate everything my family does for me. I hope you have a really good night, you go and enjoy yourself and leave him to it. I hope i haven't spoken out of turn but it frustrates me that he is so very lucky to have you around when there are others on their own who would really appreciate you and all you do
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 02:57 PM
Not at all Griff, it helps actually, keeps me grounded He really does push his luck, some of the things he says are absolutely disgusting, such as this lunchtime Lizzie did us all cheese sandwiches she took his in to the front, he brought it back and was really rude to her. I did tell him what I thought, no need for it. If you don't want it fine, but don't be so rude about it.
I'm not giving in to him, like Lizzie said, do it once and back down and he thinks he can behave like it to get his own way. I do actually wonder sometimes about how he was raised, I have a feeling if he threw a trantrum he always got his own way.

I have told him there are people out there worse than him and he should appreciate what he has, so have others including my old neighbour. I've also told him I'm not his mother, babysitter, nor am I his Dr, nurse or counselor. So now when he complains about his issues I say and what have you done about it, when he says nothing I say so you expect me to do what exactly and walk away. He really is, his own worst enemy sometimes.

I've raised my kids to the best of my ability, they all have jobs, so why shouldn't I do something for me now. Like a friend told me you've done everything for everyone else, put yourself first for a change. I did think about asking him when I got the invite yesterday, and then I thought to myself, you don't need to ask your a grown up. He never asked me when he went awol with his mates yrs ago, he just did it.

And I agree just because hes in pain and has issues is no justification for his poor behaviour.
Griff I'm so sorry you've been through such alot at such a young age xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 03:06 PM
Good for you Sal, you are right, you have raised your family and it's time for you to get your life back and I am pleased you decided to say yes to going.
I don't mind whatd happened to me now..first of all I was really annoyed about it but now... well, I have been able to have dogs and I have met some absolutely awesome people...I wouldn't have done if I hadn't had my accident or got ill
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Good evening all.

Quiet day here, just our same old, same old. A little bit warmer than the last couple of days which was a bonus. Some sunshine wouldn't come amiss though .

Sal, I know you'll have doubts from time to time, but you have to keep a balance. You can't live your life for someone else 100% of the time - it's just not possible or normal.

Many people who are ill tend to become selfish and pushing them to become as independent as possible is a big part of the caring role even though it's the part that is most rebelled against.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >