View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 11:43 AM
Awwwww Lynn, hope Joel gets his interest and it goes well, are you hings settling down with him now?
Thanks, Kota doesn't like being messed with but I will get the drops in ...one way or another lol
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 11:46 AM
For those of you that have your shopping delivered: You will love this. I sent an email to Tesco about no use by dates on products and they have just rung me to say they have started to not date some of the items and leave it to the pickers to decide if they are ok to send out by smell and sight and then it is up to the buyer to decide if it is ok to use and if not then they will refund. How ridiculous is that?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes and no Brenda, it's all about cutting food waste, they were slapping best before and use by on veg that realistically is most times o.k for weeks after the he date.. provided it is stored correctly, just think about it, you go to a market stall and buy your carrots, do they have a date on them? Nope, you Allow the stallholder to pick them for you and from my experience, they last well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Good Lord Joel having a job interview where has the time gone.

Hmmmm on the delivery of food dated, will wait and see I expect 9/10 times it will be fine. I think I would rather a set of human eyes looked at the product than just looked at the date......I think.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Good afternoon all.

Cold, cold, cold and the gloomiest of days here. Very dull, miserable and damp.

I'm with Brenda on the use by dates. Looking at some of the stuff supermarkets send out to online customers now, I wouldn't trust to busy staff to check the produce first. It's one very big reason why I stopped online shopping, that and them substituting items and taking forever to refund when I rejected the substitutes
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Dentists was the Pits. Instead of trying on my new teeth, he told me he had to measure everything again so that was all that rotten plaster cast again top and bottom. Teeth will be ready next Thursday. Oh well give me patience!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Sounds like the first cast didn't work, Moyra. Better to have a good fit at the end of it than to make do. My youngest son had real problems with his. He had all his teeth out and dentures fitted straight away (£256) that never fit correctly and were worse as the swelling went down. Another set (another £256) six months later which is what they recommend and these aren't the best fit either and have now broken thanks to a bit of tooth that has worked it's way to the the surface. To top it off, he has to pay for the repair.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Mark has been stressed to the hilt griff with Joel. College didn't suit to be honest it didn't with Mark and Michael either they wanted jobs and to earn and he is the same.
Thing was his phone broke he didn't go home he went to stay with a friend Mark was getting hysterical messages from Donna moaning about him and that she had to go to the college to speak to the tutor couldn't Mark go ? So that stressed Mark out.
Him and his friend he is semi staying with are hoping to get a pick and packing job Donna is now demanding as much money from his wages as she got in benefits if he stayed in education, plus she wouldn't let him in Sunday night and told Mark to go get him.
Mark siad if he wanted to come and live here he could but he doesn't his friends are in Harlow so she told Mark to bundle him in the van.
Mark said he is 16 over 6ft tall and a good sight younger than me there is no way I am kidnapping him.
She is reluctantly letting him in the house won't give him a key and at times he has been on the phone to Mark in tears she drives him to frustration like the rest of us.
So he is here till today or tomorrow if he gets an interview or the job if not he may well stay a while longer.
She did exactly this to his half brother at the same age so he walked. He has done alright for himself and has turned out a very nice lad even though he got cut off from our support many years ago.

Must say I do prefer to pick my own fruit and veg whenever possible.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Bloody woman Lynn! O.k..teach the lad the value of money but how can he support himself and pay the same as in benefits. Would an apprenticeship suit him? That's what I did...college one day a week and 5 block days every 3 months, I did earn a wage...not a great deal but it was my own money. I guess the thing is at that age, you don't see that sometimes you need to make a sacrifice to better your life....I hope he gets the job, decides to stay with his dad and does exactly what his brother has done...make a success of his life despite her!
Oh no Moyra, I am so sorry you don't have your teeth yet, when you get them just make sure you smile a lot to show them off!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-11-2018, 02:12 PM
griff we are not surprised. By all means take some keep from him but he will not get a hot meal or packed lunch if needed and she has asked him for his bank card.
Well lauren went ballistic and told him in no uncertain term he is not to give it to her or leave it in the house when he is out.
I think he is leaving it with Mark and Lauren and they will sub hom what he needs.
Believe me she will take his card and spend it on the other children and shopping for everyone in the house.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >