Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Bit worrying I imagine.

Just had a message from Beth. They couldn't find the socket for washing machine only one they could find was on the wall. Yes that's right they said they would have to drill a hole through the worktop. No it's already done remove plug feed wire through hole reattach plug. Use extension lead as we did for washing machine and dishwasher.
Paul has already told him off for knocking down the rose bush on side of drive when taking the Luton down. You cannot get a van bigger than a VW transporter down there especially not through what was our our gate. It's plain to see.
Our delivery men got a Luton on the drive for the garden bits but only halfway down they could see it wouldn't go down any further.

Oh dear not a good start.
Ahh well none of it is your problem you are happy in your new home.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Yes Kazz but feel bad for Beth as she does worry when Paul gets off on one and she has quite a lot to deal with last week personal stuff.

Nothing I can do though maybe they will decide to finish their jobs and move on somewhere without access rights over their drive.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 07:49 PM
It will all settle down
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 09:27 PM
To be honest Lynn... doesn't surprise me with them, when they objected before even owning the house ...sort of showed the type of people they are. Not your problem anymore, pleased Dillon was o.k
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 09:40 PM
Lynn I think you are being so kind helping them when it is their house now. Not many would help out once they have sold to others. Kazz I feel at times as though it isn't getting any better. Its going to take a long time this time around.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
No it's already done remove plug feed wire through hole reattach plug. Use extension lead as we did for washing machine and dishwasher.
...................................Our delivery men got a Luton on the drive for the garden bits but only halfway down they could see it wouldn't go down any further.

Oh dear not a good start.

Gosh, some people But Lynn it's not your problem any more. Maybe this is the first time they have moved house, they'll learn quick
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
I feel at times as though it isn't getting any better. Its going to take a long time this time around.

It's hard, it will get better, but clearly you were very attached.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-11-2018, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
To be honest Lynn... doesn't surprise me with them,

Yes Griff, there's always things you have to do when moving into a new place. I remember the problems we had with neighbour on one side.

You suggested we get some of that 'split bamboo cane' screening which we did. It's all been removed now but I've keept it and found if you glue two together they make excellant plant supports Got a lifetime supply now
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 10:57 PM
We had a padlocked walk in cupboard when we moved in here and no key. It was one of the very secure padlocks that took us ages to hacksaw through. About 2 months later, a key arrived in the post.

Funny thing is, when we finally got it open, there was nothing inside it.

It was a full renovation here with stone fireplaces, solid fuel fires, kitchen, bathroom all ripped out and wallpaper removed with plaster either sanded or redone, new windows the works and that damned padlock caused as much swearing as the rest of it
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-11-2018, 11:12 AM
Lynn

Their house their problem. If they now have concerns they should have got them sorted before buying.

The person buying our kennels did no surveys or checks and moved in. He then started saying there was this problem and that problem.
Not our problem now, he should have done all the checks first.
We knew there was work to be done here, but not the amount until we moved in. Work now done and house value increased no end, so worth it.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2