Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 08:12 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 19th November, 2018

Good Morning everyone, I trust you and your four legged friends are all and in fine fettle and the puppies are still doing well.

Chris, I hope Gary is better!

Have a good day everyone, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2018, 08:35 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.

Looks like it might rain later. Off out in a while to sort bank, get new side gate and boards for the loft. First time Dillon will of been left more than 20 mins.

Ha ha Kazz yes we wondered that to. I have decided I am getting a card today not addressing it or anything but pointing out the little things I didn't get time last week to leave a note about.
I don't want them keep bothering Beth and Paul either if they cannot get hold of us.
It did make me wonder how they have managed on their own if they couldn't work out a washing machine hole.

griff some families a total nightmare and feel because they are parents they use and abuse their children but their children should forgive them.
Respect works both ways imo.

Hoping from here to puppies are doing well and mum. I expect Gordon and the mem have their hands full.
Chris hope Gary is better today and you can have an easier time.
Sal same for you.
Harvey you're a bit like us hard to pull the wool over your eyes.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Morning all

Cloudy and cold here this morning but it looks as though the sun may come out, so washing on the line and more waiting to be done.

Had a busy but calm day yesterday, all kids at work so a quiet day here hopefully today and just getting on with chores.

Lynn I don't blame you about not giving contact details etc, Lizzie and her house mates had no idea when they moved in, they couldn't get the curtains on the poles, or even turn the taps on for the washing machine, really LOL

Griff families are a nightmare, my O/H's are awful, I haven't had anything to do with any of them for years, when we visit my family in the midlands and drive past the farm O/H nearly always wants me to stop, if I do then I don't get out of the car, they are vile nasty people. His parents separated when he was child and it was messy, complicated and as adults they played each other off, even at family members funerals! Disgusting behavior. His Dad died 3 weeks before my Dad died in Dec 2016 and he didn't find out till Jan this year and it came 3rd hand by the police. O/H wasn't even able to pay his respects, and he was his Dad regardless of what went on. I've never known a family like it.

Right time to grab a coffee,
Have a good day all
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Morning all. Griff have posted parcel so should get to you tomorrow. It isn't that exciting just useful I hope. Been and had eyes tested. Just to give you all a laugh. I went into the co-op which is a few doors away from opticians and asked if they had any flowers and the assistant said yep they are just up there. I had just come out of the opticians and couldn't see where they were. Mind you they were tucked behind a large display of mince pies. Needed the laugh. Eye sight test was all good. So even bigger laugh. lol!!
Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you have a quite day Sal and get everything done you wish to.

No don't give out your details Lynn if they need to know anything as you say via a solicitor it has nothing to do with you now. Hope Dillon is ok for the extra time yo are levying him I am sure he will be.

Don't worry Brenda I have done the same and I am wearing my glasses

Cold here today. Hung the washing out but it is now in the tumble dryer as raining. Three car loads of leaves taken to tip this morning so now too for anther load

Hope all two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Afternoon everyone. Been to the dump, the bank, got a car and sent with instructions as to where on/off switch is for macerator and outside lighting if they haven't found them yet.
No address or number provided.
That's all they need to know really everything else self explanatory and the fun of finding things out when moving into a new property.

Dillon left for about 3 hours he was quiet when we left and quiet when we arrived back unlike next doors dog/s who bark as soon as he leaves till he comes back and he does shift work so sometimes it's the early hours they start. Nice little pet shop in town very short run in the car and he gave us some sample packs of joint aid.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2018, 03:34 PM
Hello all.

Mom's birthday today 86 she is made up over her cards. We are dealing with another water infection, but not as bad as last time however back in bed 22&1/2 hours a day. My brother and his fmily have this bug thing the dreaded lurgy & tummy so they are staying away and sadly Mom is not interested in the phone its a "heelo" then I can't hear them......Mom is deaf in one ear and now hearing in the other has gone, what with her sight already gone and the memory its hard. Anyhow we have just counted 24 cards arrived, and some presents dropped off. More to come trying tospread the people out....LOL

The weather is dire....just got the washing on the line and boom down came the rain. Been out with Gert a couple of times already and home now just had a salad with chicken left over from yesterdays roast.

Griff families can be difficult.
Moyra How are you sleeping these days?
Lynn I think you are being very decent doing that, but it is something I would do to be honest be nice when you can and quiet when you can't. Is Dillon settling with having your own drive and a little privacy.
Sal Think the difference between the people who brought the house is they are adult with a child not people leaving home for the first time.
Glad work is going well and keep pluggin away.
Brenda That is what I would do, I hope you are feeling a little stronger in yourself as time passes.
Sue Your battle with leaves is hopefully on a winning streak have you ever thought of turning them into leaf mould compost my aunt used to when they lived somewhere with leaves in abundance.

Right all have a good day and news on the pups would be brilliant

To those not logged into the daily yet "Hello"
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday to mum Kazz. X
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey you're a bit like us hard to pull the wool over your eyes.

Well it was a bit of a 'giveaway' as they walked down the line of vehicles and no one would wind their window down Thing is it was a bright sunny mid-day with lots of cars around, I do wonder how it might have been had it been at night and only myself parked up there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-11-2018, 04:27 PM
Bit worrying I imagine.

Just had a message from Beth. They couldn't find the socket for washing machine only one they could find was on the wall. Yes that's right they said they would have to drill a hole through the worktop. No it's already done remove plug feed wire through hole reattach plug. Use extension lead as we did for washing machine and dishwasher.
Paul has already told him off for knocking down the rose bush on side of drive when taking the Luton down. You cannot get a van bigger than a VW transporter down there especially not through what was our our gate. It's plain to see.
Our delivery men got a Luton on the drive for the garden bits but only halfway down they could see it wouldn't go down any further.

Oh dear not a good start.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >