Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Michael and Margaret been and gone. Had a nightmare journey over loads of roadworks and roads closed. Plus he had someone bump him up his bumper yesterday so he was already unsettled.
They bought us a lovely big pot a hebe and some cyclamen and a bottle of champagne.
We are now drinking champagne and eating cake.

Porch looking good Sue and Barry.
You sound so happy I am pleased for you.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2018, 05:22 PM
I have what is called a Skyvac Atom (google it) which lets me vacuum the roof gutters from the ground. Today removes a large plastic sack full of leaves with it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2018, 05:24 PM
Thank you Kazz. We both feel years younger and like a weight has been lifted.
We feel so much better.
I believe we put so much that was necessary into that house that we have just left and really didn't want to be there we went with a lot of baggage and never found the love for it.
Holly and Dale told me on their second visit after us accepting their offer they loved it from the first minute they saw it online then after their 1st visit and their 2nd.
They will walk in with love for it and have enough to do to tweak it to their own.
We never had that pleasure.
It all feels so different here.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2018, 06:02 PM
Good evening all.

Hectic few days here. Well, more unsettled than hectic. Gary got a nasty lump on the back of his leg (back of his knee) on Wednesday. No doctor's appointments available so off we trotted to Urgent Care. They said abcess and gave him antibiotics. It looked worse today so back to Urgent Care. They cleaned it and took a swab to go off to the lab and changed the antibiotics which were making him dizzy.

Unfortunately, he's being a pain in the backside big time at the moment which we think is a reaction to the Keppra medication for his epilepsy. It's not the first time it's happened with these particular tablets but the doc wanted to try them again. I'm slowly weaning him off them starting today before he either drives himself nuts or us or more likely both. You can't even breathe in his presence without him going off on one let alone say anything to him. It's been a nightmare week, but, hopefully in a few weeks time we'll be back to his normal rattiness
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2018, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
it came out a lot better than I expected

I like that finish, does the sign on the door say 'Don't touch - Wet Paint' hope you had no rain while it dried.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-11-2018, 06:18 PM
We both feel years younger and like a weight has been lifted. We feel so much better. I believe we put so much that was necessary into that house that we have just left and really didn't want to be there
That is so good to read, it's true that if you are rushed into making a decision then it often ends badly but this time you've had plenty of time to find the right place and one that doesn't require too much work doing so you can relax more. I really did feel for you when all that boiler business was going on and that useless service guy cost you a packet but that's all history now, we've had similar incidents ourselves and I have forgotten them mostly now as will you.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Thank you Kazz. We both feel years younger and like a weight has been lifted.
We feel so much better.
I believe we put so much that was necessary into that house that we have just left and really didn't want to be there we went with a lot of baggage and never found the love for it.
Holly and Dale told me on their second visit after us accepting their offer they loved it from the first minute they saw it online then after their 1st visit and their 2nd.
They will walk in with love for it and have enough to do to tweak it to their own.
We never had that pleasure.
It all feels so different here.
I can so relate to this Lynn, our previous house never felt like home to me at least, we had a 4 month wait to move here and I love this house and the location is fab.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2018, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all.

Hectic few days here. Well, more unsettled than hectic. Gary got a nasty lump on the back of his leg (back of his knee) on Wednesday. No doctor's appointments available so off we trotted to Urgent Care. They said abcess and gave him antibiotics. It looked worse today so back to Urgent Care. They cleaned it and took a swab to go off to the lab and changed the antibiotics which were making him dizzy.

Unfortunately, he's being a pain in the backside big time at the moment which we think is a reaction to the Keppra medication for his epilepsy. It's not the first time it's happened with these particular tablets but the doc wanted to try them again. I'm slowly weaning him off them starting today before he either drives himself nuts or us or more likely both. You can't even breathe in his presence without him going off on one let alone say anything to him. It's been a nightmare week, but, hopefully in a few weeks time we'll be back to his normal rattiness
Sorry to hear this Chris, I hope things settle down for you and Garry. Tom is on lamotrogine for his epilepsy and other than making him tired he’s had no adverse reactions to them.
He has his outbursts but that’s down to his frustration and his needs rather than his epilepsy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2018, 09:48 PM
Evening all... nothing exciting to report
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Sorry to hear this Chris, I hope things settle down for you and Garry. Tom is on lamotrogine for his epilepsy and other than making him tired he’s had no adverse reactions to them.
He has his outbursts but that’s down to his frustration and his needs rather than his epilepsy.
I think that's on the agenda to try next. I put up a fight against Keppra because they gave it him after the head injury and he was an absolute nightmare. I had to be there all day to interpret but he kept throwing me out, was rude to the nurses and doctors, pulled out the catheter, wouldn't wash or shave. His neurologist wanted to try it again because he thought that was down to the head injury - obviously, from what we are seeing now, it wasn't.

He has Zonisamide and is OK with that but it isn't fully controlling the fits so he needs extra meds to try to get a balance. At the moment, the fits are safer than the side effects of Keppra. Ah well, onwards and upwards and see what the next trial brings
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >