Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:39 PM

1st off lead walkies

I did the join up thing with Flymo the day after I got him and it's worked brillianty, I've also been taking him out walkies in the evening to get him used to being out and about.

Straight out the back of my paddock is a lovely walk, it takes about 15 mins to go as far as you can without having to go through gates so it's enclosed.

Thought I'd try Flymo off lead today to see what he did and this is the result . . .

Oooooh space, I am master of all I survey

Wait for meeeee

Can we not stop for a quick snack?

OMG - They left me (sorry for the quality but the light was going)

Phew - caught up

He came galloping around the corner and skidded to a halt just behind me He came that fast OH bricked himself jumped out the way, even though he was in front of me and fell over and ended up sliding down the embankment
Flymo never once went ahead of me, he was quite happy to follow on behind It was so lovely to see him having a good run after being cooped up in the small allotment he was in before he came to me He's amazingly nimble and fast for a small cob
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Wow, some stunning photos!

I keep looking at join up with Dusty but I'm not confident enough I know what to do.

Helen
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:48 PM
he's utterly gorgeous!! I wish I had the finances to have a horse, I really do.
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Interesting way to exercise a horse,lol I would have probably just walked in hand or longreined.

Lovely pics though
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Ha I love it!!!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Interesting way to exercise a horse,lol I would have probably just walked in hand or longreined.

Lovely pics though
I've been walking him in hand everyday I just thought I'd see what he'd do It's going to become a habit although he was funny
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Wow, some stunning photos!

I keep looking at join up with Dusty but I'm not confident enough I know what to do.

Helen
I'm vert lucky to have a friend that's been doing it for years so she came down and schooled me, while I schooled him
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 09:44 PM
Great pics