Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Is that the K9 Protection one? I have been a member for years but rarely post and very rarely go on these days ... I will pop on and have a look, thanks.
No not that one, it's called Working Dog Forum , mostly US based but they have a SAR section.
Ellard
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thank you and that is very interesting Ellard. Are you a member of a Lowland SAR group? Did Tom run classes or did he train you individually.
We had a lowland search training group for around two years with Tom as trainer. We were setting up as a formal lowland search team but it didn't materialise for a number of reasons
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by scout75 View Post
No not that one, it's called Working Dog Forum , mostly US based but they have a SAR section.
Thanks, I will have a look. There was a SAR section on the protection forum too, but it was pretty empty and uneventful

Originally Posted by Ellard View Post
We had a lowland search training group for around two years with Tom as trainer. We were setting up as a formal lowland search team but it didn't materialise for a number of reasons
Oh what a shame. Must have been very interesting training though.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
See the £28 one on here,

http://johnhumphris.com/products.asp?cat=27
Went for this one, as I do think the other one looks a bit bulky.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Yogi sporting his new search harness

JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Very posh LOLOL

Sorry no exciting stories of heroic rescues, some not so funny stories tho' about the people who got lost after imbibing too much beer on a very warm day !

A friend, Denise Barley,did SAR in Scotland with her Beardie Dog, Quinbury Stormdrifter at Runival CD Ex, AKA Bob. She was once taken by 'copter to a search & the snow was too deep for the 'copter to land, so Denise was told to jump out, but Bob was lowered very gently by the winchman ! The snow was almost as deep as Denise is tall !! the rest I will leave to your imagination Bob was a super dog & was also a show dog, he won BOB at Crufts one year.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 04:17 PM
So you will be able to see him in the dark!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Very posh LOLOL

Sorry no exciting stories of heroic rescues, some not so funny stories tho' about the people who got lost after imbibing too much beer on a very warm day !

A friend, Denise Barley,did SAR in Scotland with her Beardie Dog, Quinbury Stormdrifter at Runival CD Ex, AKA Bob. She was once taken by 'copter to a search & the snow was too deep for the 'copter to land, so Denise was told to jump out, but Bob was lowered very gently by the winchman ! The snow was almost as deep as Denise is tall !! the rest I will leave to your imagination Bob was a super dog & was also a show dog, he won BOB at Crufts one year.

Bob sounds brilliant - I can only imagine how his coat coped in all that snow Denise should write a book I have just had "Search Dogs and Me" by Neil Powell (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Search-Dogs-.../dp/0856408670) and I can't wait to start reading it.

I have also read another SAR book - Search Dog by Angela Locke, and I remember being surprised at just how many walkers/climbers die in the Cumbrian hills and fells (after growing up in Cumbria and spending half my life there).
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
So you will be able to see him in the dark!
Haha yes ... just need a willing volunteer now to disappear on to the moors in the pitch black
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3