Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 06:29 PM

Dog Modelling

Has anyone here ever allowed there dog to do any modelling /TV work? I ask because Jake won a local contest a while ago which my mum entered him in for fun. Since then a couple of animal acting agencies have taken an interest in him. I wanted to know if any of you have any experience of your dogs doing this and your stories.

I probably wont allow Jake to go ahead as I'm not sure it would be fair on him. That said he is very intelligent, thrives on a challenge and seems at his very happiest when I give him a job to do.

I'd like to hear any of your experiences Thanks!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2005, 06:34 PM
From what i've seen on TV regarding pets which get used on film/photo shoots etc-they get looked after better than human actors-so i say go for it!

You dont have anything to loose and may find he enjoys the attention!
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 07:20 PM
jake my son in laws dog does modelling
he recently done a advert
i will ask what he thinks of it all
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks for that Steve i'm sure that's true as well!

Jackview that would be very very helpful thankyou
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2005, 11:57 PM
Give it a go Jake. Animal welfare laws are so good these days and I'm sure you'd be there to supervise.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 03:35 PM
I would indeed supervise LS i'm an over protective mum I am debating this though as i'm not sure it would be in "Jake's best interests" I wish he could talk and then I would know if he'd want to do it! I was talking to our trainer at his agility class this morning and she also thinks it would be ideal for him. He is very eager to learn new things all the time and since he's passed his Gold Good citizen dog scheme award we haven't had much to work on together. I think we both miss having a goal.

I will wait until I hear from some people who have done this sort of work before, then decide what to do. But thanks for all your support guys
Dibley
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-07-2005, 06:14 PM
I say go for it Jake, I had a look on his website Laura he is very photogenic and he has an alertness in his eyes which the camera loves. I used to model myself years ago I had this one shoot with a dog and I was really thirsty when I asked for water they sent me to the tap, however fido or whatever his bloody name was, was given bottled mineral water.

I agree with steve the dogs are better treated
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2005, 07:10 PM
lol dibley Jake say's thanks for the compliment xxxxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by jake
I would indeed supervise LS i'm an over protective mum I am debating this though as i'm not sure it would be in "Jake's best interests" I wish he could talk and then I would know if he'd want to do it! I was talking to our trainer at his agility class this morning and she also thinks it would be ideal for him. He is very eager to learn new things all the time and since he's passed his Gold Good citizen dog scheme award we haven't had much to work on together. I think we both miss having a goal.

I will wait until I hear from some people who have done this sort of work before, then decide what to do. But thanks for all your support guys
It would probably be like a training session for him - sit, pose, pout baby pout and afterwards he'd probably gets spoiled rotten.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2005, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Dibley
I say go for it Jake, I had a look on his website Laura he is very photogenic and he has an alertness in his eyes which the camera loves. I used to model myself years ago I had this one shoot with a dog and I was really thirsty when I asked for water they sent me to the tap, however fido or whatever his bloody name was, was given bottled mineral water.

I agree with steve the dogs are better treated
the glamerous world of modelling, eh?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >