Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Collars & Leads

I've always used Rogz collars & leads for my dogs as I want/need hard wearing collars that can withstand regular dunkings in rivers, ponds, the sea etc & being put through the washing machine to get of the river, pond, sea etc! But I'm bored with the same old Rogz designs now & I've been thinking about ordering Lupine collars & leads. They're quite pricey & I've not been able to find a UK supplier where I can go & see them. Does anyone know of a Lupine supplier in Sussex?

Failing that can anyone recommend other suppliers of hard-wearing collars & leads? I want something colourful or at least a bit unusual, with plastic clips (not metal or buckles), not leather & able to withstand getting wet & dirty on almost a daily basis.

Oh & the collars & leads must match ~ not that I'm fussy or anything
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Pm'd you
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Think they might have buckles coz I don't tend to look at ones with clips but there's a brand called dublin dogz that's stocked at a store I just found near me, they're rubber so are tough and can get wet and filthy with no problem and are wipe clean so don't smell, maybe you could see if there's a version with a clip available?

Oh and they come in funky designs too, was quite tempted by shamrocks for Chester, that was what caught my eye in the first place!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I like Lupine ones. Always been very hard wearing.

http://www.ultimateanimals.co.uk/aca...g_collars.html
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I like Red Dingo collars and leads. Tilly has had a set for 4 years and its still in great condition. The collars a bit worn but the harness and lead are fine. They have a plastic bone shaped clip which is still as good as new. She's always going head first into mud/water/bushes and it copes with all that. They do some great designs and colours too. There's loads of stockists on line and its quite reasonabley priced.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 04:45 PM
I use Dublin dog collars for my doglets:

http://www.dublindog.co.uk/

Tough and 100% waterproof. I wouldn't go back to using fabric collars now, because I would only end up drying them after EVERY walk. The waterproof ones obviously eliminate that problem.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Dublin dog fan here, though I have only seen them with metal buckles. Wipe clean and don't smell and they come in funky colours!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2010, 06:16 AM
Thanks very much for your replies ~ I'm off to have a look at Dublin Dogz & Red Dingo & the Lupine ones at ultimateanimals.
newboyjack
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know if the buckles on the Dublindog collars rust as I live on the coast so the sea water doesn't do metal buckles any favours and if the collars are always on the dogs then they tend to get an orange rust patch from their collars!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by newboyjack View Post
Does anyone know if the buckles on the Dublindog collars rust as I live on the coast so the sea water doesn't do metal buckles any favours and if the collars are always on the dogs then they tend to get an orange rust patch from their collars!!
Same here! That's why I usually get the Rogz collars with the plastic clips & plastic tags.

Also when I first had Barney he came with a red webbing collar & lead. Within a few days he had a permanently dyed reddish ring round his neck where the collar colour had run when it was wet. But this doesn't happen with the Rogz collars.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >