register for free

Dog News

Labrador Rescue NW Companion Show

A Companion Dog Show was held on Sunday 23rd April 2006 at Worcester Countryside Centre in aid of Labrador Rescue North West Region, and was organised by myself, Donna Goodall of Beaverbrook Labradors, and West Midlands Regional News correspondent for Our Dogs.

First of all, can I say a massive thank you to everyone who came along and supported the show, and also to my superb team of helpers including Lisa Finney and her partner Paul, who gave up their Sunday to spend nearly 12 hours erecting and dismantling gazebos and tents, etc., to my Stewards Roger Bartram and Keith Macgregor, and of course the judges – Liz Peggs (Jancet) in the pedigree ring and Charlotte Mann (Gladrags) in the novelty ring.

We had 169 exhibitors and everyone worked very hard indeed. I was assisted in the taking of entries on the day by Mo Hoskins, so thanks also go to her. Labrador people turned out in force to offer support, whether by way of entering the show, attending with trade stands and stalls, or donations of raffle prizes, including contributions from Ann Britton, Penny Carpanini, Maxine Crocker-Williams and Amanda Stewart. After costs, a total of £355 has been donated to Labrador Rescue North West Region, and I am extremely grateful to you all.

On to the results, and Best in Show was awarded to Kathy Hart from Warwick with Pomeranian (dog) “Sparky”, Reserve Best in Show the Whippet (dog) “Paco” from Wolverhampton, and Best Puppy in Show the Irish Setter “Tilly” (bitch) from Halesowen. Best Novelty in Show was the crossbreed terrier “Ben” from Worcester owned by K & J Hayden. Best Junior Handler was Katie Stewart from Orcop near Hereford handling Labrador bitch “Pippa”, and Best Adult Handler was Gene Lazell from Church Stretton in Shropshire handling Border Terrier dog “Busby”. Apologies for the lack of an owner’s name in some cases, but unfortunately these were not given on the entry forms. Everyone at the show appeared to be having fun, and even the weather was kind to us, with the rain stopping 10 minutes before judging started and remaining dry all afternoon. The sun even appeared a few times!

I understand that Glenys Fryer who runs Labrador Rescue North West Region has re-homed 105 Labradors since January of this year, so I am sure that £355 will come in very handy indeed. Thanks again to everyone for all the help and support in the running of this show.

Your comments and views:
prince123
New Member!
Male 

27-05-2006, 10:00 PM
My black labs name is Prince...I think as Labs go, and this is just an observation, they are such docile lovable dogs. He meets and greets everyone and as he is only 3 years old he is a little aprensive of some folks. But he is a great friend to me and a good buddy to out cat Tiger. Glad the show went well, thank you all!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

08-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Sounds like it was a fun day! Well done all.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-06-2006, 09:22 AM
What a good turnout! Well done to everyone that participated and congratulations on the excellent fund-raising effort.

Where next?

Dog News Homepage
Latest and popular news, by week, month, year and all-time!

Dog News Forum
Shows dog related news by latest activity

Submit A News Story
Info on how to submit a news story

Latest Dog News...

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top