Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ellea
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2007, 08:48 PM

qualified for crufts help please

Took Ellea to the skye terrier club champ show last w/end and she got a 2ed,3rd and res in her classes and have been told she has now qualified for crufts but can any one tell me how I go abount getting her entered for it as this is a BIG step for me and I dont have any idea how I go abount it
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi and congratulations, it's a real achievement to qualify for Crufts. Well done.

Nearer the time(entries close in the first week of January) you can enter online at www.fossedata.co.uk

Alternatively you can get a schedule sent from The Kennel Club and enter using the form inside. You will have to ask the KC for a schedule though, they don't send them out automatically the first year.

Dawn R.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Congratulations, dont be put off cos its Crufts go along and enjoy the experience, well done again
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 08:58 PM
when you get your crufts schedule and lok a the entry form, you will see a section where it tells you to enter the show the date and the award (that saw her qualify). easy
well done

PS should have pointed out that you have to ask for a schedule, it wont get sent automatically.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
You have been given the info you need to enter Crufts, so I shall just say very well done to you on achieving this.
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Ahhh well done you. I've got to wait until 2009 before any of my dogs can qualify!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2007, 11:52 PM
Well dome go and have a lovely time we showed for the the first time at Crufts with dice a couple of years ago and got a second loved every minute of it ( take a credit card though you'l spend loads )
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2007, 11:57 PM
Well done! Do people still think its a good thing to qualify for crufts?
I've seen some crap get 3rd out of 3 and qualify!! especially in breed shows at scotland or south wales (low entries) it doesnt then seem such a big thing anymore...
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 12:00 AM
We were impressed as only watched it on TV before. I astill struggle to qualify one of my dods as he only shows outside and I've struggleed to get stud book numbers not enough in the open show classes.
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2007, 06:56 AM
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
Well done! Do people still think its a good thing to qualify for crufts?
I've seen some crap get 3rd out of 3 and qualify!! especially in breed shows at scotland or south wales (low entries) it doesnt then seem such a big thing anymore...

Yes definately SarahJ, qualifying for Crufts is still a very big deal for most exhibitors.

I've been showing long enough to remember the time before a dog had to qualify. The qualification rule was introduced not to sift out the lesser quality dogs per se, but to limit the actual numbers of Crufts entries. So the 'crap' as you call it is equally entitiled to be there.

Dawn R.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >